Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/5/2010 7:02:30 PM EDT
Ok, I guess I bought a POS from Blackthorne.....Out of the box could not get on the target and decided the front sight was canted. After shooting about 100 rnds, the barrel is loose. Took it apart and found that it was not even close to the recommened touque specs. When taking the FSB gas tube roll pin out it apeared bent and all beat to hell. Appears that when it was installed it was bent. Well it looks as if the holes for the roll pin in the FSB are not drilled at a 90 degree angle....Now I know why the roll pin was beat to hell....Tried to reinstall a new roll pin and it will not seat properly. Any suggestion short of replacing the FSB? How difficult is replacing the FSB.....Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:13:26 AM EDT
mbearor, do you have any photos?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:48:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2010 6:49:05 AM EDT by Gatorhunt]
Oh no!!! not Blackthorne again!!!

Well replacing a standard FSB will be difficult as each FSB is drilled to match the barrel it is installed on so there are sometimes slight differences that prevent swapping them from one barrel to another without having slight mis-alignment or fit issues.YMMV

ETA not only that but if the holes were drilled canted then the new FSB will also be canted.

I would remove the standard FSB and get a clamp on version like this ... although they are out of stock right now. Or get one of the flip up FSB like this.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:04:44 AM EDT
Top Top