Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/16/2008 11:30:34 AM EDT
Release dates or pricing?

Last I heard, FN pushed the civy release back to 4Q of 08 for the SCAR-L and 1Q or later for SCAR-H.

Looking for a good 7.62x51 platform....weighing my options.

Thanks,
Sean
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 11:46:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Was at FNH-USA a few days ago shooting both SCAR L and H.
Expect to see SCAR Ls available in about 4 to 5 months. SCAR H will
probably not be available until later in 2009 though.
Should be worth the wait though...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:38:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Does anyone know if the SCAR light will have the folding stock on the civilian version?  I sure hope so.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:30:12 PM EDT
[#3]
As of write now yes both will have folding stocks and I have seen no plans to make a NY NJ or CA freindly version.
Link Posted: 7/28/2008 3:25:35 PM EDT
[#4]
The Scar Heavy .308 is going to be one bad mamajama with a folding stock!  I hope they price it somewhat reasonably.
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 6:19:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The Scar Heavy .308 is going to be one bad mamajama with a folding stock!  I hope they price it somewhat reasonably.

It'll probably be around $1,500

But that's just a guess
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But that's just a guess

I've read here that the SCAR-L will be close to $2K, so I'd bet the H will be significantly more.

Of course it's just speculation at this point.

Sean
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 6:49:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But that's just a guess

likely much higher.
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 8:31:41 AM EDT
[#8]
FN will NOT sell this gun less than the FS2000 at $2,000 per gun.  What possible market sense would that be?
Also you WILL see massive price gouging by the dealers who can get them because FN makes you buy 9 guns (that half of are slow movers) to get one gun free and you will only get these when they come out by buying their "package" deal.
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 8:36:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I think the masada's gonna beat em on price.

plus I have a feeling that FN will only sell pink ones then charge a premium for
green and only then give out black ones to dealers who buy 50 TPS shotguns and
FNP's in 9mm bergman.

(for me its a no brainer since the masada will come almost NY AWB kosher, the SCAR - though
I want it more - will require more work.  I think there's a built-in suppresor mount? and a folding
stock and a threaded barrel.)
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 9:05:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But that's just a guess

... and then you awoke from your wonderful dream...

Mid $2K would be my guess.
Link Posted: 8/3/2008 8:21:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But that's just a guess

Link Posted: 8/3/2008 8:32:15 PM EDT
[#12]
With the very limited numbers we'll be seeing of them anytime soon...

$3k price point for the SCAR-H isn't that crazy sounding...

Which makes the Massoud look that much better (will be a $2k base setup)
Link Posted: 8/3/2008 9:25:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Heard a rumor today that the SCAR-H will be issued to select units in Afghanistan soon...as in the next few months.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 8:15:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I just can't get into the SCAR thing.  If I didn't know better I would think this was the same company that made the FAL.  Oh.... wait a minute....
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top