Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/13/2011 6:43:29 PM EDT
I've been thinking about one of these for my SBR for a long time now.  I'm considering the weaver mount or the flat top mount.

Will either of these co-witness?  The optic looks really tall
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:01:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I run a RX30-23 with the ARMS #15 Throw Mount and it co-witnesses perfectly, the dot sitting right on top of the front sight.  Not sure about the mounts you listed, so I can't answer your questions unfortunately.  Very nice optic though.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:07:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I have both the RX30 & RX34 and with my mounts they will not co-witness at 1/3, maybe 1/10 at best.   I have not tried the RX11 Weaver mount, it appears it may work, but I'm not sure how tight it would be on a 1913 rail and it's not QR which could kill it for me.  

There is a low profile mount, the RX15 (RX16 for weaver) that I may look into, but a spacer will be needed at an additional $25, but it sits lower than what I have now so I may give it a try.  

Here are the mount heights:

RX11 (Weaver): .295"
RX15/16: .440": (.315" & spacer .125")
RX23 (ARMS 15): .516" (.381 + spacer .135)
RX15: .640"
TA-51: ? but appears to be the same as the RX23 w/ Spacer

Here's how mine look on a rail, note how high they are in relation to the BUIS which are standard Troy.  The first is the RX34 in an ARMS mount and the second is a RX30A-51 with the TA-51mount.  The last mount is a RX14 which it too tall as you can see.

Hope this helps & please keep us informed if you try the RX11 mount an a RX34, even w/o the QR, that may be the way to go.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:19:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.  I search the interwebs high and low for a pic like that
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top