Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/10/2003 9:44:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/10/2003 9:49:58 PM EDT by TroyFD403]

I just purchased a Pre-ban Colt AR-15 SP1. I just started shooting last year; and I am not quite sure what all this means yet.

As a matter of fact, I bought my first firearm (Kimber 1911 in .45ACP with 5-in. barrel) in October last year. At this point, in addtion to Kimber 1911, I now own a Benelli M3 Super 90 Shotgun and Colt AR-15 SP1 I just purchased.

All these firearms were purchased with recommendation from a trusted friend of mine who used to be in the army. (I think he used to be an infantry sergeant.) He told me that the AR-15 I purchased was such a great deal that he would have bought it himself if he had enough money at the time.

My Colt AR-15 SP1 came with iron sites, 3-position corrupsible stock, and 20 rd magazine. The gun shop also had Pre-Ban Colt 30 rd magazine still in the original package. So I bought both of them also.

Now I need to learn a lot about AR-15 pretty fast. I didn't even know what AR-15 was until a month ago. So I would appreciate any input I can get.

Thank you very much for your input in advance.

Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:42:21 AM EDT
Just keep reading the posts here on ARFCOM. There is a great amount of useful and helpful information here. On the main page of ARFCOM, to the left, you will find just about any information you would like; from the history of the AR-15 to legal issues regarding the AR-15. Welcome to the madness that is the AR-15 and ARFCOM!!!
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 3:01:31 AM EDT
Here are a couple other sites you'll want to bookmark, for reference, as they contain history (the BiggerHammer site) and "How To" (Maryland AR15 Shooters) articles. [url]http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/[/url] [url]http://communities.msn.com/THeMarylandAR15ShootersSite[/url] There are articles on the Homepage here you'll want to check out and be sure to read the [url]www.ammo-oracle.com[/url] "Ammunition Faq" tacked to the top of the "Ammunition Forum". There's also a "Mag Faq" tacked to the top of the "Magazine Forum". Good Luck, Mike
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:07:59 AM EDT
Hey, I want one of those "corrupsible" stocks too. Where do I find one? [;)]
Top Top