Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2003 9:44:40 PM EDT

I just purchased a Pre-ban Colt AR-15 SP1.  I just started shooting last year; and I am not quite sure what all this means yet.

As a matter of fact, I bought my first firearm (Kimber 1911 in .45ACP with 5-in. barrel) in October last year.  At this point, in addtion to Kimber 1911, I now own a Benelli M3 Super 90 Shotgun and Colt AR-15 SP1 I just purchased.

All these firearms were purchased with recommendation from a trusted friend of mine who used to be in the army. (I think he used to be an infantry sergeant.)  He told me that the AR-15 I purchased was such a great deal that he would have bought it himself if he had enough money at the time.

My Colt AR-15 SP1 came with iron sites, 3-position corrupsible stock, and 20 rd magazine.  The gun shop also had Pre-Ban Colt 30 rd magazine still in the original package.  So I bought both of them also.

Now I need to learn a lot about AR-15 pretty fast.  I didn't even know what AR-15 was until a month ago.  So I would appreciate any input I can get.

Thank you very much for your input in advance.

Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:42:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Just keep reading the posts here on ARFCOM.  There is a great amount of useful and helpful information here.  On the main page of ARFCOM, to the left, you will find just about any information you would like; from the history of the AR-15 to legal issues regarding the AR-15.  

Welcome to the madness that is the AR-15 and ARFCOM!!!
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 3:01:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Here are a couple other sites you'll want to bookmark, for reference, as they contain history (the BiggerHammer site) and "How To" (Maryland AR15 Shooters) articles.

[url]http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/[/url]

[url]http://communities.msn.com/THeMarylandAR15ShootersSite[/url]

There are articles on the Homepage here you'll want to check out and be sure to read the [url]www.ammo-oracle.com[/url] "Ammunition Faq" tacked to the top of the "Ammunition Forum".
There's also a "Mag Faq" tacked to the top of the "Magazine Forum".

Good Luck,
Mike
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:07:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey, I want one of those "corrupsible" stocks too. Where do I find one? [;)]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top