Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/10/2006 10:10:20 AM EDT
Has Federal LC ever sold M855 or a XM855 in 20 round boxes like the XM193.  I have only seen it loose, PD, or loaded on strippers in cardboards or cardboards and bandos?  The PD is said to be floor sweepings and the stuff packed up on strippers labled as front line.  There apperar to be no middle grade M855 like XM193.  Seems a little strange.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:46:04 PM EDT
[#1]
The Winchester Q3629 is NATO stamped, green tipped, marked M-855 & boxed in 20 rd boxes. This is the closest thing to it. The IMI which was available until recently was boxed in 30 rd boxes & was exceptional ammo. I would rate the Winchester as comprable quality to the LC & IMI, hope this helps.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:21:45 PM EDT
[#2]
skytrooper78I, I was just curious about the Federal LC brand.  There's 3 grades of LC 193.  The public cannot get 1st line mil spec M193 from LC but can get boxed XM193 or loose M193PD.  I am just wondering why there never was a XM855 boxed LC.   Not that important but it seems a little odd.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:00:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes I'm sorry. I have only seen the stripper clips in cardboard as you described which Eric sells as "Frontline" ammo. The M-855 PD LC (means pull down according to Eric) is reject & sold as loose packed. I've never seen it packaged like XM-193. Good question.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top