Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2006 2:36:34 AM EDT
Looking for info/opinion on LOW COST Night Vision

PLEASE Don't Kill me wih Flames, I'm looking for info

Does anyone have any FIRST HAND knowledge of any of the Yukon Night Vision Devices

Like the NVRS 2.5X50 Titanium is it a decent NVD

OR the NVMT 4X50 with the add on Rifle Mount Kit

ALSO any info about the Head Mount Kit AND the IR Flashlight?

http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/opticsplanet_1876_34184588

I can add prices if needed.
These devices do seem to be reasonable in price, But how do they hold up to recoil and the elements and real usage?
BASICALLY, are they worth looking at, for someone on a budget.
Does anyone have FIRST-HAND Real World expierence with tthese types of NVD's?
Any info would be great.

Chief
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:59:48 AM EDT
[#1]
If it's a Gen 1 Russian, I wouldn't bother. I have a Gen 1 Russian NVD, and while it's fun to play with,  it is not really useful out past 50 yards or so. Also, as a Gen ! it won't work in complete darkness-it needs some light source, either an IR light or a fairly bright sky.

By all means get one, but as a rifle scope I wouldn't bother unless it's a Gen2 at least.

You get very little FOV with a Gen 1 scope. Also, you can get a Gen 1 monocular for under $200, and close to $150, that is the same except for a mount and crosshairs.

I think you will regret spending that money on what is essentially not going to do much for you.

I have dealt with Opticsplanet before, and have been very happy with their service.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top