Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/13/2010 2:34:27 PM EDT
As the title says, anyone make .22 Mag conversion kits?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:06:01 PM EDT
I hope not............

I'm sure I will have to have one if there is
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:54:49 PM EDT
I believe Nordic Components rumored one for the future...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:28:17 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:19:05 AM EDT
Tim at Nordic...

I reckon these would sell quite well in the UK where .22mag is the most powerful semi auto we are allowed to shoot, even if the ammunition is quite expensive. (Full bore semi autos were banned in the UK many years ago). Would you consider exporting? I would be up for a couple of top halves if you did! There are four or five well established AR dealers in the UK. It may be worth approaching them when they are 100 percent to the spec you are aiming for. This sounds like an exciting project. I look forward to seeing them do well.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:34:01 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Timnordic:
As a matter of fact.....we will be going out to shoot one for accuracy today, as accuracy will be an important part of this project. Personally, I want to be coyote hunting with one this year!!! (yeah, yeah, so do you )

We still hope to have these units availible this fall. Some set backs have kept us in the prototype phase, nothing really major. The biggest hurdle was making sure that the rounds touched off and did not balloon the rim, pre-maturely eject, throw brass pieces out of the ejection port or otherwise blow up the rifle. As a consumer, you all will appreciate that I am sure.
Getting some new parts made, a little tweaking on magazines is in the works for the next week or so.

This has been a fun project and has been showing signs of great success..... you will be kept up to date on our dealer forum as we move forward

Tim

Innovation and a sense of humor! I like that in a gun manufacturer! On top of that, you offer rifle length uppers while every other seller is dedicated to carbines.

I like that even more, shows a commitment to accuracy. Looks like I'll have to try one with the heavy barrel off a bench rest. Thanks, there goes the budget! LOL

Ted
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:53:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:12:49 AM EDT
Oh well, 18" for .22WMR is better than 16" for my purposes anyway. I'll be watching, following range reports, and we'll see what we see.

In any event, your products look to be very innovative, and like Spike's, CMMG, TacSol, and Alexander Arms, to name
a few, you are advancing the shooting sports at a time when it needs it most by developing above average firearms.

That's great for us AR shooters, and for the sport in general. My hat's off to you all.

Ted
Top Top