Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/21/2003 7:03:58 PM EDT
I'm moving to CA. soon and I've heard that there's a few options for replacement grips for my AR.  One I saw (but can't find anymore) appeared to be a replacement stock that looks pretty much like a regular rifle stock....doing away with the pistol grip.  Does anyone out there know if I have any options other than leaving my baby in TN?  Perhaps a tactical shotgun is the answer.....
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 8:26:29 PM EDT
[#1]
If ARs weren't a no-no strictly by features that might work but they are also named by name and series.  So leaving in TN is just about one of your few legal options.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 3:24:55 AM EDT
[#2]
What part of CA are you moving to? There are places in NV that will store your AR. Food for thought. [):)]
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 5:33:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I could not stand to live in that state.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 8:34:44 AM EDT
[#4]
You can take your uppers to CA and put them on a FAB 10. [url]www.gogogadget.net[/url]
It sucks but you can add any evil you want on it. Its no long an assault weapon in both state or federal law (unless its shorter than 30 in).
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 9:11:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I could not stand to live in that state.
View Quote

I hear that, like the sign says at the border "Welcome to Arizona, official sanctuary for California gun owners."

You couldn't give me a million dollar home in California. No offense intended...
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 9:16:35 AM EDT
[#6]
You could give me a million dolar home.... and I would never go there to see it, I would just hire a RealEstate Agent to sell it to some Tree Huggin Hippy.  [50]  [nuts]
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 9:34:32 AM EDT
[#7]
SteveinAz:

Not to change ths subject, but a million dollar home isn't much in California.  Entry level homes start in the $400,000's. No joke.

Link Posted: 7/22/2003 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Used to live in PB(Pacific Beach) myself.. I paid 950.00 a month for a one bedroom (was one block from the beach)apt.. I could cut my lawn with a pair of scissors.. I am not kidding!! it was so damn small. And coupled with no ARs.. Oh hell no.. Would never go back.. John
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 10:24:35 AM EDT
[#9]
This is more then likely the grip you are thinking of.
This was a good idea that did not pan out and is no a relic that has not practical use.
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~nokarma/pics/grip1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~nokarma/pics/grip2.jpg[/img]
NoKarma
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 11:38:47 AM EDT
[#10]
WHAT THE H3LL IS THAT?? [shock] It looks like an injection Molder took a Poop.  You have got to be kidding me.  Someone actually tried to sell that.  No wonder it is a relic.  Holy crap.  You should post a warning above that picture to scroll slowly.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 12:30:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Funny how these threads always get some nose pickers.[:D]

The only way to have an AR15 in Kalistan is the FAB10 from [url]gogogadgets.net[/url]. As for the pistol grip,[url=www.gogogadgets.net/whats_new.htm]here[/url]. It's ATF legal, but not CA-DOJ legal because AR's are banned by name in here.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Well...lucky for me I wont be there too long. Get some experience in my field and get the hell out of Dodge, move elsewhere and set up shop.... Buy myself a ranch in Gruene, TX and buy as many frickin assault weapons as I want!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top