Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2007 6:31:05 PM EDT
I'm enrolled in their Armorer's course this year and am curious what I can expect? I'd really appreciate it if, for example, someone would tell me if I need to memorize all the parts by the proper nomenclature. Any tips in prep prior to the class is greatly appreciated.

TR&G
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 6:46:15 PM EDT
[#1]
You could get the tools and experiment on your own rifle.Knowing the names of all the parts is good to know.I learned alot from this site and its step by step on how to build rifles and by doing it first hand is the best teacher.Between rebuilds ive done for my self on my own rifles and taking them apart.I could do everything but barrels until visiting here.

So far in 2 years ive done 23 barrel changes and 5 builds.They will have a rifle for every one in the class to take apart and build back together.My buddy took the class and he said the rifle was real easy because it happened to be disassembled so many times.Once you get intimate with the design knowing all the parts by name will be second nature.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 6:54:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!

Will they provide tools or do I need to bring my own set?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top