Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/22/2008 4:16:19 PM EDT
Has anyone heard of this company? A friend mentioned them and was curious to know if they are quality or not.

Thanks,

Neal
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes & Yes

Great lowers.  Laser engraving available as shown above.  Prices are fair.  Easy people to deal with.

I gave this stripped lower to my son when he graduated from college.
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 4:28:53 PM EDT
[#2]

I just received two lowers, two uppers and two lpk's from Anvil last week.  Casting flash, tooling marks, poorly finished holes... I'm not impressed at all and regret purchasing them, I heard the same as you by the way.

Now, that said I will still build them up because they will run just fine and I'll beat them to hell anyways.  However, if you are looking for the best tolerances and workmanship, contrary to the claim on their website these are not what you want.  

The place I picked mine up at had two S&W lowers and my brother had two mega lowers.  All six at the same place, same time.  The S&W's and Mega's were heads and toes above the Anvils in terms of quality of workmanship.  So much so that I bought the two S&W lowers on the spot.

Chris S

Link Posted: 12/22/2008 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I've purchased two lowers from Anvil Arms and was impressed with both of them.  No tool marks that I could tell and the anodizing was impressive.

The last one I purchased...

Link Posted: 12/22/2008 5:45:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I just received two lowers, two uppers and two lpk's from Anvil last week.  Casting flash, tooling marks, poorly finished holes... I'm not impressed at all and regret purchasing them, I heard the same as you by the way.

Now, that said I will still build them up because they will run just fine and I'll beat them to hell anyways.  However, if you are looking for the best tolerances and workmanship, contrary to the claim on their website these are not what you want.  

The place I picked mine up at had two S&W lowers and my brother had two mega lowers.  All six at the same place, same time.  The S&W's and Mega's were heads and toes above the Anvils in terms of quality of workmanship.  So much so that I bought the two S&W lowers on the spot.

Chris S

That sucks to hear. The two I have are beautiful.

Did you contact them about your lowers?

Link Posted: 12/22/2008 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#5]
My Anvil Arms carbine has excellent fit and finish.  No machine marks, flash, or any other problems.

Link Posted: 12/22/2008 6:29:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I have 3 lowers from them.  2 are perfect and 1 has a small cut on top like something fell on it while it was sitting up in a rack or something.  Not going to sweat it because like someone said earlier I'm going to beat it up anyway.

I feel like I got a good deal for the money and I'm satisfied with all 3.
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 7:46:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Chris S

Pics?  

Link Posted: 12/23/2008 5:43:29 AM EDT
[#8]

No.  I'm more concerned about how it runs than how it looks and I'm pretty confident it will go together and run fine.  The lack of attention to detail does concern me however especially when it's simple things to take care of like "forging" flash(Yes, I know they are forged) and if anything seems wrong upon assembly I'll be on the phone immediately.

I'll get some pics up tonight or tomorrow.

Chris
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 1:01:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Anvil has an outstanding reputation here.  Every company can put out a bad product.  I'm sure they would take care of it if given the opportunity.  I guess sometimes it's easier to bash a company's whole product line instead of making a phone call and asking them to correct the issue.  That being said, all the lowers I've gotten from Anvil were excellent.  And having met the owner several times, I know that if I did ever have a problem he would be on it like a fly on shit.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought a complete gun from them about 6 months ago.  The quality is outstanding.  Jon is a great guy to deal with.  I bought a spare BCG from them that I had and issue with and they sent me another one before I even returned the bad one.  They stand behind their product and I wouldn't hesitate in buying anything from them.  If you have an issue, give them a chance to make it right.  I'm sure they will.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anvil has an outstanding reputation here.  Every company can put out a bad product.  I'm sure they would take care of it if given the opportunity.  I guess sometimes it's easier to bash a company's whole product line instead of making a phone call and asking them to correct the issue.  That being said, all the lowers I've gotten from Anvil were excellent.  And having met the owner several times, I know that if I did ever have a problem he would be on it like a fly on shit.

Tell you what, I'll sell all four pieces to you for what I paid for them plus $75.00 bucks a piece for the time and patience I've already extended over them and then you can get with John to make it right.  He might just get to your email in a month if you are lucky and then you just might get replacement parts sometime between February and April which was there arrival time frame of the next shipment... this is assuming you can actually get a lower from that order.

The fact is that I don't have any real big concerns about these parts.  I am going to run them and I am sure they will be fine.  If they are not i will put his "100% Lifetime Warranty" to the test.  

However, his website is pure bs.  The second and third sentences in his description about his parts state.

" Our lower receivers are made to the tightest tolerances in the industry. They are then inspected and re-inspected."

I've got all the pics ready to go, just need someone to recommend a good place to host them or somebody that can host the for me.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 6:04:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Haha, you've got to love it.  Just went to put the lowers together and Anvil shorted the lpk's.  

No mag catch springs!
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 4:56:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Haha, you've got to love it. Just went to put the lowers together and Anvil shorted the lpk's.

No mag catch springs!

I am curious, what was the exact date that you placed your order? My order is still unshipped and was placed 11-14-08 for some lowers and lpk's.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top