Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/15/2012 4:40:38 AM EDT
It was a fairly normal day, not unlike many others before it. There was a hint of a breeze in the air and a slight mist, not uncommon for an Autumn day in Central Florida. However, as normal as things seemed, something was different. I woke up at 5:45am, refreshed my laptop screen..... no change. I got my coffee, peered out the window, checked again, no change. Then, at 6:11am, there it was. The words "out for delivery". My heart raced, anticipation jumped up a notch and I ran straight to the window, unsure of why as I knew it could still be hours away. And it was... After a day of conference calls, fire drills, billing issues and systems problems that brought me to a dull frown, I heard it. The braking squeal of a delivery truck right at 5:30. And this time, it wasn't the FedEx truck that had come by at 3:10 (also crushing my hopes). At that point, I felt like we should have at least shared a bro hug but he didn't look to be in the mood. He simply said I had two packages and then off he went. Just like that, my wait was over and in my hands was my new Samson Evo Series 12:37" from Midway and PSA LBK with STR.

My M&P OR lay naked next to my Spike's 14.5 middie outfitted in its Magpul Sunday best but soon, it would be presentable as well... While waiting, I swapped the canted Red Dot mount for a standard mount that would still allow absolute co-witness. I don't plan on going with a magnifier any more so there was no need for the former mount.

M&P OR, Early 2012, Days after coming home with a front sight from my 15-22

I grew to really dislike that rail height gas block and wished I had gone with an A2 sighted M&P

Nekked with the new low pro gas block, waiting for the Brown Truck to arrive...

And 30 minutes later, fully dressed for the prom

MY SIMPLE INSTALL TIP:
I love this rail. It's tight and doesn't have much flex at all. You really have to get on it to make it move. That wasn't the case when I first instal it though. The first install required a rubber mallet and I was getting pretty frustrated. Then I decided, what the heck, let's watch the instructional video that is recommended! I quickly realized I had installed the thermal bushings upside down. After prying the rail off with a lot of force (and a new sharpie covered scratch in my lower), I reinstalled the thermal bushings. After that, the rail slid right on, tightened it up and was blown away at how much more solid it was. Outstanding rail and I hope to get some range time with it later today or this weekend.

The Magpul STR stock was somewhat of an impulse buy. I wanted another MOE but the sale got me thinking about this one. At first shoulder, I really like the cheek weld. It's sold, no play in the buffer tube and looks great.

So far, I'm pretty happy with both purchases. Hopefully I'll feel the same driving home from the range!
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:42:37 AM EDT
[#1]
It's like Christmas for grownups.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 7:44:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm eagerly awaiting the brown truck's scheduled delivery to my ffl today. Crossing my fingers.  Somehow the delivery got botched yesterday and today is attempt #2.  Please today... Please today...
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 8:13:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

And 30 minutes later, fully dressed for the prom
http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh490/billyjack2011/AR/IMG_1047.jpg

The rifle looks a thousand times better compared to how it was.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 9:03:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats, nice boomstick you have there. Now get some ammo on order and make that driver work for his pay, lol!!!! Range report!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 11:26:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Congrats, nice boomstick you have there. Now get some ammo on order and make that driver work for his pay, lol!!!! Range report!!!!!

OP, it looks great now. Beforhand, it was fu*king Whoopie Goldberg ugly.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:35:43 AM EDT
[#6]
BillyJack, what is the length of the handguard?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:40:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn good looking Rifle!

Congrats.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:38:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks much much better now.

Those Sampson rails feel really good in the hand.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:40:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
BillyJack, what is the length of the handguard?

It's the Evo 12.37. Solid rail and really does feel great in the hand.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top