Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/12/2003 7:10:45 AM EDT
A couple of questions about pins.

The trigger pin is held in place by the spring legs on the hammer. I don't see anything holding the hammer pin in place.

What holds the hammer pin in place or would this be an ideal candidate for an Anti-walk pin?

Bushmaster and several other sites have anti-walk pins for Mil-Spec lowers. What about Colt lower with odd sized pin holes?

Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:31:18 AM EDT
The hammer pin is held in place by the J-Pin. The J-Pin should rest in the center groove of the hammer pin and lock it in place. If you look through the hammer pin hole you should see the J-pin. If you don't and your hammer pin is walking out then the J-Pin probably broke. I had a J-Pin break a couple of weeks ago.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:39:11 AM EDT
Really? I have an AR10 with a NM trigger and my hammer pin is walking out on it. I cant wait to take it apart now....
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:06:10 PM EDT
I can't say that is the case all the time but it would be the first thing I would check now. After about 70 rounds I noticed my hammer pin was sticking out the left side of the receiver. I was able to push it back in (strange cuz they are always such buggers to install) and continue shooting. But after a couple of rounds I noticed it was creeping back out so I stopped shooting, brought the gun home, took the hammer out and noticed there was no J-Pin showing when I looked through the hammer pin sleeve. I could see it at the bottom of the hammer so it didn't fall out completely. When I called to order a new hammer the lady said, "it happens, not very often but it does happen". Let me know what you find.
Top Top