Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2011 9:25:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/20/2011 9:27:17 PM EDT by Avtomat32]
I've seen these for sale and want to know if anyone has used one of these? I am curious if it stops any carrier tilt and does it affect reliability.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/21/2011 3:41:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/21/2011 3:43:24 PM EDT by cableexpress]
Originally Posted By Avtomat32:
I've seen these for sale and want to know if anyone has used one of these? I am curious if it stops any carrier tilt and does it affect reliability.  

Thanks

Buy a PWS buffer tube, they work great. And NO CASTLE NUT to ever come loss.
Link Posted: 4/21/2011 7:22:37 PM EDT
Sounds good, but who has them in stock? Are they commercial or Mil in size?
Link Posted: 4/22/2011 6:35:21 PM EDT

Thanks

I have an anti-tilt buffer but haven't had enough rounds through it to say about it stopping carrier tilt but it does not affect reliability.

Link Posted: 4/22/2011 6:56:18 PM EDT
Most piston makers have sovled the issue with buffer tilt by now, you can always buy a PWS or POF buffer tube, they have that tongue that catches the buffer or you can buy an anti tilt buffer made by sold by heavy-buffers.com
Link Posted: 4/22/2011 8:41:35 PM EDT
I ended up getting a new buffer system from Firearm Ready Solutions that totally eliminates the carrier tilt issue as well as uses a better quality spring, buffer, etc. and also helps the recoil. ( http://firearmreadysolutions.com/Home.php )

Call and talk to Seth at FRS and he will explain the benefits of the system. He is a GREAT guy. I spoke with him for like an hour the first time we spoke and learned quite a bit. He actually called me twice to discuss my system (I got an "H" system). His customer service is second to none and his product quality is top notch.

There is also a YouTube video that one of his customers (Joe Tactical or something like that...don't quite remember) put up where you can see the buffer and get an idea of how it works.

Best $85 I put into my Ruger so far!
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 11:34:58 PM EDT
Well I ordered the anti tilt buffer 5.5oz from Heavybuffers.com. I have a registered reciever M16 and a SBR that I use the upper on so it makes sense for me to get the buffer so I can switch it from rifle to rifle.
I'll post pics when recieved.

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 1:40:16 AM EDT

Well I ordered the anti tilt buffer 5.5oz from Heavybuffers.com. I have a registered reciever M16 and a SBR that I use the upper on so it makes sense for me to get the buffer so I can switch it from rifle to rifle.

I'll post pics when recieved.

I got mine from Heavy Buffers, also. Quality stuff that was as advertised and I'm very happy with it.

Link Posted: 4/25/2011 6:07:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/25/2011 6:08:38 AM EDT by Armeddefender]
This will fix what ills piston ARs.

Anti wear/Tilt Carrier Buffer

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:48:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cableexpress:

Thanks

Do they even make these anymore?  I haven't seen one in stock for months.  If anyone knows where they are in stock, PLEASE let me know.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:04:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Armeddefender:

Do you know when they are going to start selling these carrier buffers?
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:14:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By msg1956:
Originally Posted By Armeddefender:

Do you know when they are going to start selling these carrier buffers?

+1
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:41:46 PM EDT
They will be available with their piston systems in two to four weeks. A few carriers have been retro fitted with other Mfg piston systems but it requires shortening up on the op-rod because the carriers were manufactured specific for Black Rifle Arms piston systems. They are considering offering a variety of carriers that would be compatible with all the major player in the AR piston world.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:54:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 57x28mm:

Thanks

Do they even make these anymore?  I haven't seen one in stock for months.  If anyone knows where they are in stock, PLEASE let me know.  Thanks.

Got mine about a month ago.  Didn't need it, just bought it because.  And now I have a mil-spec tube for my current build.  PWS was a pain in the ass to install.  Almost need a third hand in the mix.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:41:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Covertness:

Thanks

Got mine about a month ago.  Didn't need it, just bought it because.  And now I have a mil-spec tube for my current build.  PWS was a pain in the ass to install.  Almost need a third hand in the mix.

From where?  Did you get it from Aim?  Or someone else?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:07:59 PM EDT
I recieved my Heavybuffers.com H3 buffer and it is a very high quality item with a polished and smooth finish. I also installed the Wolf Carbine Spring as they recommended.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:13:22 AM EDT

Thanks

I got it from the source

http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=21

I got the $149.95 one.  it was on back order for a month or so until I sent them a WTF (in a nice way) e-mail and they shipped it the next day.  Didn't respond to my e-mail  but the end result was all I was really looking for.  I haven't been to the range sine I installed it so I can't give you a review of the function.  Didn't have any problems with the mil-spec tube I already had (from LMT) so I don't anticipate any issues though.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:14:41 AM EDT

Thanks

I got it from the source

http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=21

I got the $149.95 one.  it was on back order for a month or so until I sent them a WTF (in a nice way) e-mail and they shipped it the next day.  Didn't respond to my e-mail  but the end result was all I was really looking for.  I haven't been to the range sine I installed it so I can't give you a review of the function.  Didn't have any problems with the mil-spec tube I already had (from LMT) so I don't anticipate any issues though.

Thanks for the info.  I think I'll throw them an email asking if they will ever get these back in stock.  Thanks again.

BTW, what's the difference (quality/function-wise) between the PWS buffer tube for $149 and the buffer tube for $75?  I know that one's forged billet aluminum, and the other one is extruded aluminum - so manufacturing differences probably drive the price difference, but is there really any practical difference in their quality as far as how they affect AR function or reliability?  Personally, I doubt it, but I would like any opinions.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:25:40 AM EDT
Cheaper one doesn't have the positions marked (1, through6).  Other than that and the material I don't think there's a difference.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:29:41 AM EDT
Cheaper one doesn't have the positions marked (1, through6).  Other than that and the material I don't think there's a difference.

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:15:50 PM EDT
Carrier tilt, what's that? At least 1500+ rounds through this Sig Sauer 516....
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:22:24 PM EDT
I spoke with PWS and they are devoting all their Buffer tubes to rifles first.  It could be several months before they come out.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:27:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By dubyaS:
Carrier tilt, what's that? At least 1500+ rounds through this Sig Sauer 516....http://i51.tinypic.com/111rwxj.jpg

Funny, Sig, LWRC and PWS designed the rear of the BCG far more rounded.  Sig I think has the best BCG design, it is a combination of an LWRC and a Ruger 1 piece.  It works and works well!  There is a little more to it but they did their homework!

Top Top