Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2003 8:55:59 PM EDT
Hello everyone! I'm just another newbie.

I bought my first AR15 on Sunday (yesterday) and I just came back from the range with a big grin on my face.
I bought an Armalite M15A4T Carbine, and (for the moment) put a detachable carry handle and front sight on it. As soon as I master the iron sights, I want to put some kind of red dot sight on as well.
I've been obsessing about the AR since a guy that works at the range I belong to, showed me an M4 "LEO Only" that they had for sale a few months ago. My girlfriend was with me (I'm teaching her how to shoot handguns) at the time and commented that she liked it too, and that my birthday was comming up.
I took a CCW course last Saturday and when I came home, she gave me a $500 gift certificate from a large gun store in my area!
The very next day: My own AR15.
Yes, I've caught the "disease" and I'm currently trying to infect my boss, who came shooting with me today to "help" break it in.
I give him until next weekend until he has his own full blown case.
I love this rifle! I wish I'd bought one years ago!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the sickness.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:02:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome.

Have fun. Be safe. ARs rule.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes indeed, this is a disease that spreads through contact.
No cure, just repeated dosing to keep the symptoms under control.
Welcome to the isolation ward troytek.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#4]
welcome!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:43:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh my God, we've got another one! Nurse, I need 1,000 rounds of Q3131A STAT!!

Hang on there buddy, you're gonna be OK.. You're gonna be OK..

NURSE, WHERE'S THAT AMMO!?!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:21:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Hello and welcome...

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:25:26 PM EDT
[#7]
[beer]
As for the red dot............AIMPOINT
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:48:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome to the addiction.

You know, to think how many people join this forum ALONE every week, we sure have alot of foes against our harmless hobby.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:54:17 PM EDT
[#9]
yoyo

good for you enjoy and have fun I bought my first ar one month ago and another yesterday its like the blackgun crack once you start you cant stop its toooooo good

vinniedablade
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 11:00:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Welcome to the addiction.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 11:14:31 PM EDT
[#11]
As for the red dot it's not Aimpoint, its EOTech. Welcome to the board, and all of our arguments[;D]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 12:55:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Welcome aboard. May god look over your credit card report, for they are sure to reach their limit! [):)]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:09:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Welcome aboard!  Let me get this straight...your girlfriend goes shooting with you...likes ARs...AND basically gave you one as a gift?!?!?!  

She's a keeper [beer]

--Otter
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 12:18:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey ottergt,
Yes, she's THE ONE!
Next month I'm going shopping for THE RING (no not the movie)!

And to all else, thank you for the warm welcome!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Welcome to the club, [b]troytek[/b]!!!  The AR-15 is the finest firearm to which you can be addicted.  Just stay mentally alert to the condition of your bank account...  
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 1:13:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Welcome!

I just got mine three weeks ago, so I know how you feel.  How about a picture of your new rifle?  Check the "Board Code" on how to post pictures.  You'll have to have it on an available server somewhere, but it's worth it!  

I find myself coming here a lot just to look at all the pics!  

Anthony
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 1:33:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
As for the red dot it's not Aimpoint, its EOTech. Welcome to the board, and all of our arguments[;D]
View Quote

Don't forget the OKO optics, or you could opt for the BSA red dot (Illuminated) for only $59 @ Walmart...
Decisions, decisions...
Welcome to the Madness...

Let the games begin...

[sniper2]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 1:38:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hey ottergt,
Yes, she's THE ONE!

Not to put any ideas in your head but for the money you spend on a ring you could get another nice AR. She seems to like AR's she'll understand.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 1:39:10 PM EDT
[#19]
The way I see it he aint no better than the rest of us.....
I still remember my buddy sayin...1AR-15..........thats like your first blow job......just the start
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:16:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Congratulations! [beer] Welcome to the site. And keep the girlfriend! She sounds O.K.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Dude,

You are there!  You like it, the gf likes it, now go out and spend quality time with both.  The best part is when you come home from shooting, nice and stinky and dirty - the cleaning is the best part! Here's my gf checking out my AR:
[img]http://www.fototime.com/D779888DAB0561C/standard.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:44:35 PM EDT
[#22]
You know when I bought the Mini-14 I never thought about the next one I would buy.  But only 3 weeks after my first AR I have already planned the nex two.  What is it about these things?  

You know now that I think about it mabey Schumer is just trying to help me by renewing the AWB.  If they ban AR's I might be able to buy that Ferrari after all. [:P]

No...No I was right before Fuck'em  [}:D]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:08:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Welcome to the addiction!
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:54:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hey ottergt,
Yes, she's THE ONE!

And to all else, thank you for the warm welcome!
View Quote

i keep reminding my wife that she's wearing a supercharger for my VW Jetta VR6 :)  
5 years later, i think it's worth it.  i don't have the VW anymore.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:19:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Welcome to the addiction.  You might as well face up to it now.  You are doomed!  It will only get worse! [}:D]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:56:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Hello My nane is fearandloathing37 and I'm an ARaholic...
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:07:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Fabulous photo!  the rifle looks good too.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Hello, I'm new around here myself. I call myself glimmerman68. I too have the "black rifle fever".

After having gone through three "assault rifles", mini-14, ar-180, australian leader, I picked up a preban Oly car ar-15.

Went to he local gun show looking for an ar. Soon as I saw it, knew I had to have "that one".

I friggin love this thing. I realize I will have to take some heat for buying an Oly, but I don't care. I still love it. Don't be surprised if you find yourself looking in the mirror while holding your new toy. You can't help it, you look so cool!

One little piece of advice, if you need anything, help, mags, ammo, this is the place to get it. Right hear AR15.com. Anyone here can vouch for that.

AR-15s Rule. Bottom line. Have fun.

BTW can anyone tell me if "the fever" is a virus or a bacteria??

glimmerman68
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:32:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Welcome to the Club.

[<]:)]

Got a few cases of ammo to spare?

Just wait until the Class III bug bites you. [wow] You will not know joy, fully clothed until you empty a few magazines down range on Full Auto; AKA Rock & Roll. [jump] The hardest thing about Class III is the cost of the Item in Question.  Registered Receiver, Register Drop In Auto Sear (DIAS or RDIAS) or Lightning link.  The second hardest is keeping enough ammo around to last more than 10 or 20 minutes on the Line.  300 rounds is about an hour on semi.  On Rock & Roll, that depends on how fast you cool down the barrel.
Hint:  Buy more than two uppers.  One of each length is about right.  You will wind up with a half a dozen uppers, but what the hell.  Better that than burning out the barrels all the time.

Ohhhhhhhhh......   I need more ammo.[:X*]

When you figure that I use between 100 and 200 rounds of ammo when I use my Bolt Action rifles, the amount of ammo you’re going to need when you go semi can easily double.  And when you go Rock & Roll;  I normally carry two dozen fully loaded magazines with me.  And that excludes whatever multiples of hundreds of rounds that are still in their boxes, waiting for an empty magazine.  Or 6.  Or whatever.

I swear that only narcotic abusers have worse withdrawal symptoms than us Class III Shooters.
Hurry up and marry that gal so you can start saving up for a real Hot Shooting![}:(]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:01:58 PM EDT
[#30]
I think that the "Black Rifle Disease" acts more like a virus that invades a cell and takes over it's machinery to copy itself. Much like how all of a sudden it has taken over my thought processes to learn as much as I can about the AR, and it seems to be quickly moving toward taking over my bank account everytime I see more ways to modify/accessorize my new AR. I didn't know how easy it is to modify this rifle for any situation or appearance! This is one bad rifle!

I rented a full auto M16 at the range the other day- emptied a 30 round mag in about 3-4 seconds! I can't afford that gun nor would I be able to keep feeding it at that rate! But it would be fun to try....

I just gotta remember----the RING FIRST!
I may be in trouble though, There's a gun show not far from me this weekend...
I can see it now....

BUY THE RING FIRST! BUY THE RING FIRST! BUY THE RING FIR- hey, how much is that upper? Is that barrel chrome lined? Will you throw in those fat handguards and a couple of 30 round USGIs if I can get my friend here to buy that armalite with the eo sight on it?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:42:01 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm going to try and post my first picture of my out-of-the-box AR. With so many (expensive) accessories out there, I'm sure it won't stay this way for long!

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289802447[/img]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 10:49:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Have over 30 firearms, Just got my first AR what is it about these things that is so addicting. Can't seem to get enough shooting time or enough info.I know the other 30 are going to get jealous, Oh well got to go found more ammo. Black rifle with a hot barrel, Thats what I'm talking about.
[:d]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top