Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2003 6:27:21 AM EDT
Just wanted to howdy to all,been browsing here for a while figured I'd join in.
Bit about myself I am a Senior NCO in the Canadian Army,been in for 161/2 yrs now.I collect ARs,FNs and HKs along with some combloc stuff just for sh*ts and giggles.Anyways that's me,this looks like a good place to learn some and maybe even pass on some stuff too.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:35:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome! I'm a brand new officer in the U.S. Army.

What are the guns laws like in Canada?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:53:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Gun Laws in canada...well gee where to start!!!

First off everything must be registered,I mean everything,rifles,shotguns,pistols,heck even some air guns!! Magazine capacities all centerfire fifles must be pinned/blocked to 5 rounds and all handguns blocked to 10 rounds,it's for the children don't ya know.
We have several classifications of firearms,non restricted (hunting rifles,shotguns and the like),Restricted (ARs,handguns) and Prohibitted (FNs,AKs,AUGs,any hangun with a barrel shorter than 4 inches).You must have a liscence to purchase and own any firearm,show ID when buying ammo,your Restricted and Prohibs require two different permits to take them to the range...and so on.Some firearms (Benelli M1S90,SPAS 12 and some others are banned all together!!)So far folding stocks are ok,so are bayonet lugs,flash hiders that are not permanent. here is a link that will explain it alot better than I can:

[url]http://www3.mb.sympatico.ca/~jhipwell/info.htm[/url]

One interesting side effect is if the firearm is not in the books you can own them for example the Barret M82 is banned but not the Barret M95,the Robinson arms M96 is unrestricted as long as it is not the carbine .The laws here are pretty screwed up but we are fighting the good fight with any luck we will get some changes made.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:01:32 AM EDT
[#3]
[wave]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:37:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow. I always thought Canada was pretty chill with gun laws.

Thanks for the education.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:49:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome aboard. Keep an eye out for KevinB and Striker, they are the two Canadian gun nuts I know of around here.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top