Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 10/28/2006 8:05:11 PM EST
Hello, My name is Bill and this is my first post.
I have a Bushmaster V-match and a Colt Sporter Match H-bar. I have been firing 52-55 grain bullets through the Bushmaster. I have had no problems with any of this ammo. When I went to 69 grain bullets, they will not feed off the left side of the magazines when I load the rifle. I have tried factory and handloads. Does not matter how many rounds are in the mags, or if I release the bolt using the charging handle, or the bolt release. The round will go half way in the chamber and the bolt will stop right at the shoulder. While firing it feeds just fine. If I release the bolt with the round on the right side of the mag it feeds fine.
I just got the Colt 3 weeks ago, and on 69 grain bullets it does the same thing. But while firing, if the round is on the left side the bolt will not pick up the round. 52 and 55 grain bullets feed just fine.
I have 14 Magazines, all 20 round, all old Colt mags with the metal followers. They all do this. I have new mags orderd but they are not here to try yet.
So my question is could those old metal followers not like the 69 grain bullets?
Thanks for any insight on this.
Bill
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:02:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/28/2006 9:04:52 PM EST by LIL-COMMANDO]
To me its obvious!! You used two different weapons and same problem.. Its your Magazine just throw it out and get a new one. People like to keep them forever but they are made to be throw aways.

I would replace the followers with the Mag pul ones and see how that works out.. Make sure you mark your mags so its easier to see which one are causing problems..
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:57:36 AM EST
I was pretty sure I had a magazine problem. But I just thought it was kind of strange that all 14 magazines had this problem, and only with 69 grain bullets. With lighter bullets they run with out any problems. I am going to wait untill the new ones get here than try again.

Bill
Top Top