Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2011 3:06:58 PM EST
I bought an Eagle Arms (Armalite) complete lower for a great price on the EE. I was gonna use it on my FN A2 build but instead decided to get a McKay lower from Nodak Spud and have Ident engrave the FN logo on it for the FN build. I had a spare VLTOR FH, DD BCG and ARMS #40 BUIS laying around as well. So...illustrating the danger of having spare parts and lowers around I decided to go with this.
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Standard-14-5-LIGHT-WEIGHT-Upper-Receiver-p/bcm-urg-car-14lw.htm
I've caught the lightweight bug. Shipping the upper to ADCO to perm the VLTOR, then gonna put a KAC M4 RAS on it,maybe an MOE stock. What does the hive think?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:15:47 PM EST
I have quite a bit of experience with the RAS and it has always felt like a big chunky block of heavy to me. I recently switched to a free float tube with modular rails and although the weight is probably similar, it feels much more evenly balanced. I'd probably go with the MOE handguards.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:36:13 PM EST

When is there ever not another build?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:37:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By damcv62:

When is there ever not another build?

True that...BLUE COUCH PICS INC!
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:40:04 PM EST
I just can't help it!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:06:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/29/2011 5:07:34 PM EST by Fireman9080]
JC's couch is to AR's, as the Hugh Hef's bed is to.......well, you get the point.

Hey JCrowl, how is that MI handgard going for you? I am about to begin a middie build, and I'm going with one of those again. Just a thought. 9080 Out

Edit: Even when you get a new couch, you are gonna have to keep that one, if nothing more than pure nostalgia for photo ops.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:11:34 PM EST
Other options for rails that I would check out would be the Rainier Evolution if you want to chop the FSB or Centurion Arms if you don't...both are pretty lightweight.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:33:15 PM EST
Sounds cool. I like the RAS myself, but maybe a Troy TRX-E would get you the weight you are looking for.
Top Top