Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/25/2004 11:57:37 AM EDT
I started the thread about when does the ban end exactly. September 13th or 14th and everyone made their cases for both.I've also heard people say they only have the work days of the week of September 11th after coming back from recess to renew it.

So my next question is if the ban is still in effect Monday September 13th till Tuesday morning does that mean the gun grabbers get another day to try and renew it? Meaning all day Monday. If so we need to watch out for this. Don't let your guard down.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:07:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#2]
the AWB expires too close to the election for it to be heard by congress and as close as the election is going to be we can pretty much count on it being ignored by both parties  , even the pundits state it was useless and the only ones still holding on are some parents of draft age teenagers ... the same people whining about the United States liberating Iraq  !
I wonder how they would feel oppressed ? But our oppression is about to be history - bank on it !
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:34:34 AM EDT
[#3]
A typical week on the House or Senate floor runs from Tuesday through Thursday in order to allow for travel time to and from their repective districts.  This also allows them to meet with their constituents.  On rare occasions the majority party may schedule a vote at the last minute on a Monday as a way of getting legislation passed, but with the Republican Party in power in both houses a last minute vote on the AWB isn't going to happen.  Neither Bill Frist or Dennis Hastert are going to let it.  

In other words, it's basically a dead issue, but keep the mail, e-mail, faxes, and phone calls coming until the AWB is actually expired, it'd be a real disaster if the only voices that these guys heard came from the nuts on the side of the Brady Bunch!

Robert  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:34:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually they come back from summer recesss on Sept 7 and they have 4 days to do anything
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top