Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2005 4:21:50 PM EDT
What is the weight of the 458 socom upper?  Or can someone give me the OA weight of their M4-styled 16" 458 SOCOM?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:12:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What is the weight of the 458 socom upper?  Or can someone give me the OA weight of their M4-styled 16" 458 SOCOM?

Thanks!

As scientific as the bathroom scale is ... I weighed my XM15E2S, basically a 16" carbine, A2 style upper, totally preban Bushy with serial # <800 .... and then weighed a base model 16" flat top in .458 SOCOM, and both weighed just about the same (on the bathroom scale) ... unloaded both rifles feel like the weigh the same. Loaded, well, 30 x 62 gr projo = 1860 gr for the .223.  10 x 600 gr = 6000 gr for the .458 ... you get the picture ...
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:12:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Fantastic!  Thanks again.

I've been e-maling with Steve Ward and will be ordering my 458 upper this evening.  I always think up more questions as I lay in bed imagining my next acquisition...the SOCOM!!!

Cheers!

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:31:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine feels pretty close to my M4, FWIW

Chris
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:44:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I am soooo psyched!  I can't wait to get the upper.  I keep loking at the photo on the web page drooling.    Come on UPS driver...haul ass!

For what its worth.....CorBon has the 300 gr JHP in stock.  I guess they were out for awhile I'd read from other posts....well in case you're interested and have been waiting.  I just orders 5 boxes.....

Weeee!  Can't wait to tenderize my shoulder!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#5]

I am soooo psyched! I can't wait to get the upper. I keep loking at the photo on the web page drooling. Come on UPS driver...haul ass!

Wait, it only gets better
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top