Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/14/2004 11:42:16 AM EST
Does anyone know where I can get two guns and an upper anodized silver? Checkmate custom guns seems to have dropped off the planet.

www.checkmatecustom.com

Who can do the anodizing?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:03:24 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/14/2004 12:04:11 PM EST by Strag]
DVC Armaments/GG&G does custom anodizing, but I'm not sure if they'll do what you need. I imagine you can get more info from them; give them a call, they'll talk to you. The page on their website: www.gggaz.com/dvc/weapon_mfi.php
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:47:15 PM EST
check these people out.........HERE

I do not know about silver, etc. but they do everything else, so it would not surprise me

BTW: Duracoat is an awesome finish. It is as tough as nails, and looks great. LMT uppers are all finished in Duracoat
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:56:31 PM EST
Robar. NP3 finish. Google it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:34:06 PM EST
There really isn't any 'silver' color available, at least something that looks good. What you probably want is called clear anodizing. The aluminum is polished to bright finish and is anodized, but not dyed. The anodizing if done properly and to the correct thickness is clear so the silver appearance of the polished aluminum remains visible. If it is done too thickly or incorrectly, it will have a grayish tint/shade to it.

Anyone who does anodizing should be able to do this for you.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:46:54 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/14/2004 3:49:42 PM EST by neilfj]
Forgot to answer the question...check the yellow pages for someplace local. Just about every town has someone who does anodizing. Or check with a local machinist. They'll know who is good since they commonly use the service and can recommend someone qualified.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:42:31 PM EST

Originally Posted By neilfj:
Forgot to answer the question...check the yellow pages for someplace local. Just about every town has someone who does anodizing. Or check with a local machinist. They'll know who is good since they commonly use the service and can recommend someone qualified.

The problem there is an FFL my friend. I need two complete guns and an upper anodized silver. I will check the sources given. If anyone knows anything else chime in though.
Top Top