Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/6/2003 4:40:23 AM EDT
I was wondering if anyone had ever thought of anodizing a mag. I dont think that enough thickness would be added to affect functioning. I would have to believe that the finish would also be hard. At my work I think I could send in some with another lot of aluminum to have them done, but I dont want to ruin a mag. eagle308us
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 6:35:04 AM EDT
[#1]
They are already anodized, why do it again?
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 6:40:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes I have. I was recently considering a mass refinishing of some of my magazines with Norrel's Moly coat. I just read a member's experience though. He found it great for some things, good for others, & not so good for aluminum (specifically 20rd mags). Now I'm put off Norrel's, but I wonder sincerely if Duracoat will really make the difference. I wonder if the application problem has anything to do with the bare aluminum as opposed to an annodized surface. Also they were was probably some good reason they were annodized in the 1st place.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 2:00:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They are already anodized, why do it again?
View Quote

Exactly, ALL USGI mags are hard coat anodised and covered with the moly dry lube finish.  The anodization is wheat you see under the worn Moly.  Just replace the moly film and its like new.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top