Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2018 12:25:17 AM EDT
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/09/05/new-anderson-manufacturing-advanced-micro-dot-reflex-sight/
https://www.andersonmanufacturing.com/product/anderson-manufacturing-advanced-micro-dot-with-removable-base-and-rotary-knob/

50,000 hour battery life
It has very similar specs to Holosun and Primary Arms red dots. Perhaps they're the same manufacturer?

IMHO, the price is kinda high and it looks fugly, very fugly. I don't know how well these will sell compared to Holosun and Primary Arms both of which have less of a stigma in the AR industry compared to Anderson

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 12:47:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Make China Great Again!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 2:26:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Make China Great Again!!!
View Quote

Great Leap Forward.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 2:51:05 AM EDT
[#3]
They basically ripped off the name of the most recent primary arms micro dot. Looks very similar too so bleh.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 7:07:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Tone down the graphics. Wow
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 12:36:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 1:12:36 PM EDT
[#7]
They should put a bigger logo on it...

When will companies learn that the best log is the lowest profile logo?
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Graphics alone will likely sell a metric ton.
View Quote
It'll match my lowers

The shape of the optic alone is Fugly
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 8:45:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 1:06:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Meh.  I'd pay them extra to take the My Little Pony logo off, but not to put it on...

Edit:  Maybe Primary Arms paid them to put this out, so that PA won't have the worst logo on the planet?
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 1:10:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Does it need lube or can it be run dry?
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#12]
What better optic to put on my Poverty Pony Palmetto Armory build than a Poverty Pony red dot?  Too bad it doesn't come with a Poverty Pony price.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 2:20:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Now they must have really stepped back and said, you know what the market really needs? Another Chinese budget micro red dot just like all the other Chinese micro dots out there.

Way to be innovators guys. Bravo!
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 2:59:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They basically ripped off the name of the most recent primary arms micro dot. Looks very similar too so bleh.
View Quote
I had a Sig that looked like that before PA started selling one that looks like that.  They're all the same and made in China - probably in the same factory.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Great insight to the wide world of China manufacturing, Mike.  Thanks.

The Anderson advanced micro dot has a click value of 1 MOA.  Seems kind of strange and non standard. ?
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm not even in the market for one of these and I appreciated that post.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 7:34:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Mother of God, NO!
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 8:37:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The Anderson advanced micro dot has a click value of 1 MOA.  Seems kind of strange and non standard. ?
View Quote
Not unusual.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 10:19:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 2:41:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Just putting in a couple bits of info here, I'm lurking in some threads on the Anderson micro dot.

They ARE all made in China, but I do want to say that it isn't necessarily the same factory. We have three different micro dots right now, the $90 entry level MD-RBGII (micro dot, removable base gen 2), the $170 MD-ADS (micro dot, advanced dot sight), and the $150 MD-RB-AD (micro dot, removable base, advanced). Despite the names sounding darn near the same when you spell it all out (I know, I know, it's not my fault), each of those sights is actually made in a different factory.

I don't want to give away too much of the game and I don't want to mis-speak, but I also try to be honest with you guys at all times and give you the insider's take when I can. And I assure you, while most of these factories are located near Shanghai, not all of them are. And they compete with each other and steal tech from each other, copy each other and undercut each other and generally hate each other's guts. And in total there are over 20 factories making red dots in China right now, and I don't even have a complete count because I don't know about them all, I'm just a marketing guy mostly. So imagine a deep seated competition like Ford/Chevy/Dodge where they are always spying on each other, trying to hire each other's best employees, and trying to make a better or cheaper version of what the other company is working on... except there are more than 20 of them.

It's way more complicated than the industry ever really talks about, and I'm not privy to all the information. The reason why I'm telling you guys this is so you know, they aren't ALL the same. If you buy a $50 one off of Ebay it is NOT the same as the $150 one or the $300 one that looks really similar. Take the time to look at the specifications, look at the warranty, and buy from a reputable place.

I really have no idea what this Anderson red dot is like. Maybe it IS made in the same factory as one of ours. I don't know how their $150 micro dot compares to our $150 micro dot. But I do know, the Chinese manufacturing and import of optics for American customers is way more complex than most American shooters realize.

Hope you guys find my takes to be helpful and truthful.
View Quote
That was pretty cool to read. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 11:25:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The smaller the unit, the more difficult it seems to be to put fine adjustments in it. The adjustments on those little reflex RMR style sights are always coarse too, I've noticed.
View Quote
You work in the industry so I'm sure you have more product knowledge, but those mini reflex sights like the RMR came out they where backup CQB sights for the ACOG (correct me if I'm wrong) so them not being the primary optic didn't require finer adjustments.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 10:12:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top