Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 1:06:15 PM EDT
A modular rail panel.   I think its interesting.

www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=FF-ACC-RRA_cat_RIS%20and%20RAS

Its kind of useless because you can buy a panel and cut it to the length you need.  I dont see anyone having to change their rail panels tat much.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:42:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I've really got to get myself an airsoft rifle
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:50:54 PM EDT
[#2]
The AIRSOFT FORUM IS THAT WAY ------------>

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:53:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Get ahold of yourself, man!

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:56:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WIZZO

No, it'd be great.  I could shoot my friends with it and call it force-on-force training.  And I could finally cover people with my muzzle and no-one would really complain.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:09:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WIZZO

No, it'd be great.  I could shoot my friends with it and call it force-on-force training.  And I could finally cover people with my muzzle and no-one would really complain.  

imo that would build bad habits
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:05:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Rail Armor?  Makes as much sense as head cheese
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:50:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Those airsoft F^*%ers are even out here now.    
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:58:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Airsoft is pretty cool actually. I still like paintball much more (ex tournament paintball player). However airsoft is MUCH cheaper. And you get to play with realistic guns. Me and my buddies just had springers...1 pump 1 shot. Full auto would be real fun and painfull.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Airsoft threads in the AR Technical Discussions forum.

There is a forum for airsoft, this is not it.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I won't comment on the product which started this thread.

I'm just here to pile on the airsofters.....cause I'm a typical internet douchebag, and any interests outside of my own or the people who participate in them are for ridiculing....and especially ones that mirror my own in some strange way.

I find it binds us gun owners and military afficianados together to denigrate and insult one another because of the toys we choose, the products we attach to them, or the manner in which we have fun.

Airsofters are teh ghey.

Don't even get me started on those fucking 3-gunners. They're all fags.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:53:38 PM EDT
[#11]
good stuff swingset

I like the linked product myself if a gun company came out with it, I would buy it for sure.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:30:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Airsoft RULES!!!

Real steel drools!!!  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:20:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Airsoft RULES!!!

Real steel drools!!!  

Preach it, brother man!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:34:06 PM EDT
[#14]
as for the product of topic, I think KAC does make those.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:38:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:29:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
as for the product of topic, I think KAC does make those.

Don't get this thread back on topic! Jeesh, we're having fun wetting our pants because someone said the "A" word in the techie section. There are tightass monkey boys threatening to leave ARFcom over this travesty....so I suggest we continue with the silliness until we weed out the riff raff.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:01:20 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

No it's not, it's the otherway.

*Image borrowed from Grant.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:22:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No it's not, it's the otherway.

img356.imageshack.us/img356/8861/2175639ke.jpg

*Image borrowed from Grant.

no.... actually Forest is correct.

*Image borrowed from Staratari
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:53:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Put one spring powered hand gun of your choice in your paws and one in Mr. Randy Cain's hands and you will soon see the gayness of airsoft when you die a quick 6mm death and everything you thought you know about defensive handgunning goes right out of the window.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:00:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:10:15 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I'm stumped. It's a rail cover, what difference does it make whether it's an airsoft rail cover or not? Are real rail covers made out of some super strong plastic so you can also use them as garrottes?

Real rail covers are made from plastics that can take serious heat.

What's the melting pint of the airsoft covers?  Do YOU want to be the test case?

As for the direction of the Airsoft Forums - I don't give a damn what direction they go THIS is not the place for it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:15:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:16:55 AM EDT
[#23]
that rail cover is nothing but just an attempt to create something "neat" and catchy.  that's all.  It's no better than a standard KAC panel and I'm sure it can't be any cheaper price-wise without being totally worthless field-wise.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:32:00 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm stumped. It's a rail cover, what difference does it make whether it's an airsoft rail cover or not? Are real rail covers made out of some super strong plastic so you can also use them as garrottes?

What's the melting pint of the airsoft covers?  Do YOU want to be the test case?

As for the direction of the Airsoft Forums - I don't give a damn what direction they go THIS is not the place for it.

I suspect the same people would be hopping up and down if it was an "airsoft" gapper or "airsoft" plug to hold 123 batteries that went into the pistol grip-besides I think the original point of the thread was that it was an interesting design, whether that particular doo dad would turn into goo on an AR or not.

The original point was the interesting design.  I know the plastic is toy plastic, I know its meant for a toy, etc etc.   The design is what I wanted to debate and discuss.  I guess I should have not of put airsoft in the title or even said it was an airsoft product.  If I would have put "New Magpul Design," Magpul would have been flooded with 1,000 orders at this point.

A modular rail panel.  I can see how it is really solving a problem that isnt there.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:56:24 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I suspect the same people would be hopping up and down if it was an "airsoft" gapper or "airsoft" plug to hold 123 batteries that went into the pistol grip-besides I think the original point of the thread was that it was an interesting design, whether that particular doo dad would turn into goo on an AR or not.

The original point was the interesting design.  I know the plastic is toy plastic, I know its meant for a toy, etc etc.   The design is what I wanted to debate and discuss.  I guess I should have not of put airsoft in the title or even said it was an airsoft product.  If I would have put "New Magpul Design," Magpul would have been flooded with 1,000 orders at this point.

A modular rail panel.  I can see how it is really solving a problem that isnt there.

That would be even more unacceptable. Trying to sneak in purpose made airsoft items to what is supposed to be a firearms and firearms equipment discussion forum, when you know readers would assume it was intended for use on a firearm. That would border on deception. I can't believe site staff speaks in support of this. Just floors me.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:11:09 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be even more unacceptable. Trying to sneak in purpose made airsoft items to what is supposed to be a firearms and firearms equipment discussion forum, when you know readers would assume it was intended for use on a firearm. That would border on deception. I can't believe site staff speaks in support of this. Just floors me.

How does this floor you?  

How does discussing the design of a product that could be applicable to firearms floor you?

Forget that the part is made by an airsoft company, that it made for a toy gun, that a foreign company came up with the idea.  Think about the design.  A rail panel that is modular.  Unlike the other panels that can only be customized once, but cutting them.  This design, if made by a US firearms company, could allow you to adjust your rail covers multiple times.

Debate that, not that the actual plastic piece is for airsoft.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:12:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Seems like a nice design, but I don't think I'll buy any airsoft components, even rail guards.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:21:59 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How does this floor you?  

How does discussing the design of a product that could be applicable to firearms floor you?

Forget that the part is made by an airsoft company, that it made for a toy gun, that a foreign company came up with the idea.  Think about the design.  A rail panel that is modular.  Unlike the other panels that can only be customized once, but cutting them.  This design, if made by a US firearms company, could allow you to adjust your rail covers multiple times.

So where do you draw the line? Optics mounts? grips? Rails? Optics themselves? Buttstocks?
You see my point? You could use the same logic, but it just doesn't hold up.

That dog won't hunt. Airsoft accessories and equipment were not designed to withstand the same rigors as equipment designed for firearms. True, it may be as good as the cheap chinese pot-metal and low temp plastic shit you can get that was designed for real firearms by some guy over in Shanghai, but who wants to buy that anyway? If we start implying this stuff is OK, we have taken a huge step backwards.

This is just my opinion, but one that I feel very strongly about.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:53:35 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How does this floor you?  

So where do you draw the line? Optics mounts? grips? Rails? Optics themselves? Buttstocks?
You see my point? You could use the same logic, but it just doesn't hold up.

That dog won't hunt. Airsoft accessories and equipment were not designed to withstand the same rigors as equipment designed for firearms. True, it may be as good as the cheap chinese pot-metal and low temp plastic shit you can get that was designed for real firearms by some guy over in Shanghai, but who wants to buy that anyway? If we start implying this stuff is OK, we have taken a huge step backwards.

This is just my opinion, but one that I feel very strongly about.

You are seriously not thinking this through.  We are NOT talking about that its an airsoft product, that everyone should go out and use it for their rifles, that the plastic is good enough, etc etc.

Its the DESIGN thats interesting.

God nevermind
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:56:45 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

You are seriously not thinking this through.  We are NOT talking about that its an airsoft product, that everyone should go out and use it for their rifles, that the plastic is good enough, etc etc.

Its the DESIGN thats interesting.

God nevermind

This isn't clear from your initial post.

Quoted:
A modular rail panel.   I think its interesting.

www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=FF-ACC-RRA_cat_RIS%20and%20RAS

Its kind of useless because you can buy a panel and cut it to the length you need.  I dont see anyone having to change their rail panels tat much.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:05:18 AM EDT
[#32]
never had a chance
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top