Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/3/2003 5:26:38 AM EDT
I want to try one to possible help the looseness between my upper and lower.  Everywhere I look, it will cost me six or seven bucks for S&H, for a three dollar part!!!!

If only we had a decent gun shop in these parts!!!

Any suggestions guys???
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 5:34:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I waited until I need something else also, and then added it to my order.  They also usually sell these things at the gun shows.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 5:35:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I got mine at a gunshow for $4 no tax no shipping. The guy had hundreds of them.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 5:46:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Try Tommy Haskins at GPSS ( I believe).He has a small parts shipping cost inplace on his website.Or you can call him direct.He has small parts for AR's and I would believe he would carry the wedges. Best of luck to ya WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:05:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone have contact info for GPSS listed in WarDawg's post above??  Haven't found it yet.

Thanks!

Monty
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:05:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Put an ad in the WTB section here.I'm sure someone's got one they don't need and could sell and send cheap.My experience with them is you need alot of gap for it to fit.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:08:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Disregard last post.  I am , in fact, a retard...
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:27:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Is it horrible that I used an earplug to tighten up the fit between my upper and lower? Seems to work for me.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 7:46:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I took a piece of a matchbook cover and folded it over...it was the perfect size.  

On some rifles, you'll have to trim the accuwedge, or you'll never get the rifle closed closed enough to get the take down pins to seat right.  Use whatever you can, it doesn't *have* to be an accuwedge..at one point, I was using a chunk of ear plug as well...2 for .25...cheaper than an accuwedge!    
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 9:37:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I want to try one to possible help the looseness between my upper and lower.  Everywhere I look, it will cost me six or seven bucks for S&H, for a three dollar part!!!!

Any suggestions guys???
View Quote

I have one in AZ.  If you want it for $3, email me.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Any suggestions guys???
View Quote

Get a tensioning pin from JP Enterprises.
All the accuwedge does is force your receivers further apart.  [url]http://www.jprifles.com/TensionPin.shtml[/url]
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 11:43:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Tensioning pins are not cheap at at least $39+ and are far more difficult to deal with.  The accuwedge only forces the recievers apart if you dont fit them.  Cut a bit down so there is very little opposing force applied while popping the reciever pin back through.  Just enough to remove play.  You do want some cushion/tension but not much.  If you are having to force the upper to the lower to reseat the pin your accuwedge is to thick.  Accuwedge is a good cure for reciever play as well as helping to absorb shock thrown into the upper.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 12:35:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I ordered a JP Tension Pin.  I just returned it to Bushmaster yesterday.  I was not impressed, especially for $35...

It was seemed extremely flimsy.  I could not see it holding for very long at all.

I tokk it out of the bag, felt it, and put it right back in the bag, and in an envelope addressed to BM.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 4:19:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Any suggestions guys???
View Quote

-------

Try a foam earplug instead.

Just cut to fit.

Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#14]
if you mail me a stamp, i'll send you an accuwedge.  i got it free from my FFl when I picked up a rifle.  never used it.  My receivers fit so tight i need a punch to get the pin out.

just shoot me an meail and i'll give you my addy

stay safe
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:52:52 PM EDT
[#15]
In my experience all ARs have a little movement there and all the wedge does is improve the "feel"I have 2 bushys and bench rested them both with and with out the wedge and they both shot the same with or with out them,The AR was designed as a combat rifle to be taken apart quickly not sqished together to push the pin out or in some cases people needing a punch.If I want a rifle to be as tight as possible for accuracys sake Ill buy a bolt action and scope it.Its like a shock buffer for the AK,not needed.When I wanted my AK to have a softer recoil I put a compensator on it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top