I found this HERE

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:24:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Needs more bayonet lug.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 12:04:10 PM EDT
[#3]
You'd need some more barrel to hang it on if it DID have a lug!

Nice carbine indeed. I am upset that he/she/it can have that carbine but I have to ask my government pretty please with sugar on top and the pay them money in order for ME to own one.

I miss America.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 12:07:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 12:15:31 PM EDT
[#5]
What do they mean it's not happening here? Clearly the picture was taken at or near that spot on that very street. Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 12:28:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Well a 12 year old just stole a gun in NV (?) and shot a teacher.

15 and 16 year olds and younger routinely kill and get killed in every major (gun free) city in the US.

I'm sure a quick Google search will find even younger perps.

I'll cap an armed kid threatening me just as quick as any other threat.

Like the idiot kid that pointed the AK pellet gun at his local LEO's. Future felon no longer a threat. (Of course he was just turning his life around I'm sure)

Don't mind me today. I'm sick.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 12:57:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well a 12 year old just stole a gun in NV (?) and shot a teacher.

15 and 16 year olds and younger routinely kill and get killed in every major (gun free) city in the US.

I'm sure a quick Google search will find even younger perps.

I'll cap an armed kid threatening me just as quick as any other threat.

Like the idiot kid that pointed the AK pellet gun at his local LEO's. Future felon no longer a threat. (Of course he was just turning his life around I'm sure)

Don't mind me today. I'm sick.
View Quote

Alexander the Great led an army at 16, had most of the world conquered by his 20's.  And that was after he was molested by Aristotle.  

Of course, when your life span is an average of early 30's, one tends to not wait to grow up.  I'm sure the life span of some cultures isn't much better even today.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:07:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:  You'd need some more barrel to hang it on if it DID have a lug!

Nice carbine indeed. I am upset that he/she/it can have that carbine but I have to ask my government pretty please with sugar on top and the pay them money in order for ME to own one.

I miss America.
View Quote

Needs better trigger discipline as well, but either he'll learn or his buddies will.

In all fairness, your life expectancy is a lot longer than his.  He REALLY needs that rifle.  He also needs the war to be over, a school to be built, clean water... shall I go on?  You'd probably be a better shot w/ that carbine as a pistol as he is w/ the buttstock.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Needs better trigger discipline as well, but either he'll learn or his buddies will.

In all fairness, your life expectancy is a lot longer than his.  He REALLY needs that rifle.  He also needs the war to be over, a school to be built, clean water... shall I go on?  You'd probably be a better shot w/ that carbine as a pistol as he is w/ the buttstock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  You'd need some more barrel to hang it on if it DID have a lug!

I miss America.

Not fair! He has a giggle switch!

What happened to all the money Uncle Sugar sent to his country to build schools and dig wells? Oh yea. He needs the gun to try to wrest that money from his tin horned dictator leader.

Don't get me wrong. I DO feel sorry for the little feller but I am more concerned at the moment by OUR tin horn dictators in DC!
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:40:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Soon after I started carrying a handgun daily, for the third time in my life, I had a nightmare about a kid about my young son's age attacking me with a knife.
In the nightmare I froze and he stabbed the heck out of me.
After that, I made the decision that I would always do whatever was necessary to go home to my family.
Tough decision, but some people need to make it ahead of time.

Yeah, it isn't happening there, but it probably is in Chicago!
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Soon after I started carrying a handgun daily, for the third time in my life, I had a nightmare about a kid about my young son's age attacking me with a knife.
In the nightmare I froze and he stabbed the heck out of me.
After that, I made the decision that I would always do whatever was necessary to go home to my family.
Tough decision, but some people need to make it ahead of time.

Yeah, it isn't happening there, but it probably is in Chicago!
View Quote

I can think of at least four or five cities in Texas that probably is happening as well.  This crap of youngsters allowed to wander aimlessly thru childhood without adult leadership and supervision or a hint of moral training or expectation is, unfortunately, nationwide at this point.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#13]
OOOOH for the days when the likes of Elvis and James Dean would ruin the country!

They were both a little before my time but by the days of my teens in the late 70's early 80's the country was already starting the spiral towards the bottom of the toilet.

Feral youth is a dead on description for far too many kids now days.

I'll shoot feral animals too.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:06:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Happened in California just last week.  Sorry the kid's parents didn't teach him not to point guns at police when they're yelling out you.

Personally, I think it was suicide by cop.

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Friends-question-killing-of-boy-who-had-fake-rifle-4920174.php#photo-5358018

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:58:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Happened in California just last week.  Sorry the kid's parents didn't teach him not to point guns at police when they're yelling out you.

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Friends-question-killing-of-boy-who-had-fake-rifle-4920174.php#photo-5358018

http://s10.postimg.org/cae1ekpi1/image.jpg
View Quote

I like how they strategically covered the barrel so as to not show the bright orange muzzle....
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:04:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I like how they strategically covered the barrel so as to not show the bright orange muzzle....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

news reports "No orange tip on replica".  it may have been removed or painted over.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:08:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Has to be photo shopped.  The gas block has been moved back.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I wish I was lucky enough to have been given a retro carbine when I was his age, all I had where cap guns!
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:18:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

another pic

real on left, toy on right
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:26:01 PM EDT
[#20]
The barrel forward of the gas block was cut off, broke off, or shot off.

Brick
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#21]
So they put kids on meds for ADHD, put chemicals in our water, as well a a huge amount of anti-depressants that don't clear out from being peed into the sewers and recycled, they allow GMO foods, PCB's in meat, CAFO's (hell on earth), mandate 108 vaccines before the age of 6 (each one robs kids of their health and minds), autism is 1 in 88 now (vs 1 in 10,000 in the 80's) mind altering and behavior altering food dyes, radiate our cells with EMF from wifi, cordless phones and cell phones, radiate our food with spent nuclear waste so it looks fresher in the box forever, spray the air with pathogens and air cooling chemicals.  All of it toxic, all of it gives you cancer and illness...(we are headed for 1:1 cancer folks - real reason for Obamacare, insurance companies will go broke with out it) then they have ultra violent video games and movies with no control.... and they worry about toy guns?   Good focus, that'll fix it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know.  I paint the end of my AK orange and the cops will wait until I actually shoot before they light me up.

I'll let you try that theory out first, though, to confirm.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 1:13:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Best way to keep a banned rifle in Jersey, paint the FH bright orange & make it look like airsoft.
Of course I never had a banned rifle in New Jersey & all my mags where pinned at 15.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 1:28:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Burma/Laos/Cambodia?

I remember reading a old Nat Geo article on that whole thing, kids carrying early CAR-15's (I'm not a retro expert but they were old style collapsible stocks and heavily worn with a 16" barrel) it was pretty surreal I'll try to hunt it up.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:24:04 AM EDT
[#25]
He's Burmese.  The pic was taken in 2000.  Google "Burmese child soldier" and you can find 3 or 4 different shots of him and his XM177.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:04:30 AM EDT
[#26]

Nice partial fence lower with the Rock and Roll auto sear!
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:05:36 AM EDT
[#27]
So Amnesty did shop the photo - they chopped off the moderator.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:33:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Good to know.  I paint the end of my AK orange and the cops will wait until I actually shoot before they light me up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I don't think I said that, chief. I just thought it was fishy that they were covering the bright orange muzzle, but I didn't know it didn't even have one. I didn't blame the cops at all, I blamed the MSM. But good job jumping the shark.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top