User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/1/2006 8:12:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:28:33 AM EDT
[#2]
55gr Barnaul FMJ (under the Monarch label) shoots without incident in my Mini-14.  Average chronograph readings are about 2975 at six feet.

No opinion as far as accuracy goes.  I am, after all, firing it in a Mini-14.  

Sold locally for $2.89 per box.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:55:19 AM EDT
[#3]
My vector 93 occasionaly chokes on it.

My AR180b wont chamber it at all

My AR eats it like candy.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:24:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Have run several hundred round through my m16a1 clone and my buddy's m16.  No problems whatsoever, great blasting ammo. Accuracy was fine.   This is the Monarch stuff sold at Academy
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:41:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been getting it under the "Monarch" label at Academy Sports and Outdoors.  It looks like Academy has a deal to get custom packaging on the stuff-and it's quite inexpensive.

Clean/Dirty?  Relatively clean.  Cleaner than the Barnaul 7.62X39, and just about as clean as Winchester white box/Q3131/Q3131A (which is not saying much, I know).

Very consistent; on a rest, when I'm not messing up the aiming , impact point doesn't string vertically.  I haven't run it over a chrony yet, but gimme time!

Accuracy: better than me right now.

Overall, I like it a lot.  And of course I've never had ANY problems with it.

Edit: forgot to mention that I shoot this in my RRA midlength AR carbine.  I've fires something over 500 rounds so far.  (I don't get near enough time at the range!)
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top