Quoted:
More available - but not like the Lauer deal
[:(]
[url]http://www.ammoman.com[/url]
View Quote

at least they dont have to buy them from RGUNS
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 2:11:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Just bought 5 myself, heard these are excellent mags, cant wait to try 'em out.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#3]
 Damn Glad I got mine from LAUER .
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I know of just the thing if AmmoMan wants to clear his inventory of these "controversial mags".

20 bucks a pop and look out! Those mags will be flying out of his doors....Consider 'em gone
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#5]
These mags appear to be packaged in the same bag as Lauer's were (reading the contract #). If Lauers were teflon, these should technically be as well.

However they don't look it from the picture.

From ammoman's site:

U.S.G.I. AR15 30 ROUND MAGS, MANUFACTURED BY LABELLE INDUSTRIES, BRAND NEW GOVERNMENT ISSUE.
View Quote

Where it says USGI and Gov. Issue points out that they are not teflon mags. Teflon is not GI issue.

I'm not knocking on anyone here, but I do think Lauer's mags were refinished in teflon.... Interesting that they weren't advertised as teflon finished also.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:33:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Why the sudden glut of these mags? Was someone hoarding and needed $ or what?
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 5:54:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why the sudden glut of these mags? Was someone hoarding and needed $ or what?
View Quote

Because next September they could still be worth $30, or they could be worth $10. Depends on whether a new AWB can pass. I like to think that selling now is prudent, but I've had my heart broken before...
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#9]
OOOOOH DAMN! You talked me into it... Just ordered 5 LaBelles.... Incoming Order on the WebSite....
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#10]
 The day I placed my order with Lauer ,
he told me that he just sold 1600 mags to someone and he was almost out . ( NO SHIT )

HMMMMMMMM  30 - 20 = 10 x 1600 = 16000 ($)
Not a bad profit margin .

I bet these mags are identical to Lauers .
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#11]
What gets me as why these mags are not advertised as teflon??? You would think that it would be a pretty obvious selling point.

To the best of my knowledge, Lauer did not advertise them as teflon. I know that Ammoman is not.

If these are teflon mags, why aren't they being sold as teflon mags then?
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 7:02:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey Ammoman, are these teflon?

If so, my posts in the Lauer thread, they are not military issue.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 7:18:27 AM EDT
[#13]
before long these mags will be 35.00 each no matter who you get them from thanks to all the pissing and moaning.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 7:50:33 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't understand why the guys who didn't buy any and aren't going to buy any keep complaining! So far, things I have seen postulated is that they were from the end of Labelle's contract - maybe they just used the leftover military bags, maybe they were rejected because they were teflon coated, maybe they are refinished, no matter what they aren't USGI, etc.

The only thing I can refute is that they are NOT refinished, or if they are they were done VERY professionally, by someone with access to the bags. I tend to believe the leftover bags theory or the rejects due to incorrect coating theory, but in the end I don't care. They are the best mags in my stash, compareable only to some teflon Bushmaster (Labelle) mags I've had for years. I tested a couple of them out yesterday and they function and drop free every time. I'm hoping Lauer gets more of these!

As for why they weren't advertised by Lauer as teflon, I don't think he realized they were or that they were thus MUCH preferrable over any other mags (by me anyway).

I say either buy them and then complain if you have a reason, or STFU.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 8:04:21 AM EDT
[#15]
If I see something advertised or represented falsely, I will point it out.

Thats not complaining, by far. I am sure these are great mags, but if they are teflon they are not mil-spec or military issue, and to advertise them as such would be untruthfull.

I am not bashing the mags, just how they are represented.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 8:09:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thats not complaining, by far. I am sure these are great mags, but if they are teflon they are not mil-spec or military issue, and to advertise them as such would be untruthfull.

View Quote

If you think about it, while they were advertised as USGI, they weren't advertised as teflon. I think that lends some evidence to the using up bags theory.

I understand the quest for historical accuracy. But in this case that quest has led to unfounded underhanded allegations (not so much by you) that these were a ripoff. That from a competitor that has no such mags to offer, and has not seen or handled these mags. Photos are no way to determine what kind of finish they have - looking at them in person removes all doubt.

Edit:
Just need to add - the original DPMS, Bushmaster, and Labelle teflon mags are considered to be the absolute best mags you can buy, USGI or otherwise. In your case, I can understand someone wanting to find out if they were or are available through official channels. I have a feeling you won't be able to get them via Uncle Sam, unfortunately, because as you have pointed out, teflon is not mil spec (maybe it should be).
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 8:18:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

If you think about it, while they were advertised as USGI, they weren't advertised as teflon. I think that lends some evidence to the using up bags theory.

I understand the quest for historical accuracy. But in this case that quest has led to unfounded underhanded allegations (not so much by you) that these were a ripoff. That from a competitor that has no such mags to offer, and has not seen or handled these mags. Photos are no way to determine what kind of finish they have - looking at them in person removes all doubt.
View Quote

True, I was basing the teflon agruement on the reports by those who have seen the mags. Thats why I asked Ammoman if his were teflon instead of assuming they wree, and pointed out that if they are they are advertised incorrectly.

Calling them mil-spec is wrong. Calling the "better than mil-spec" would be accurate, if they are teflon coated but otherwise identical to military mags.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 8:21:34 AM EDT
[#18]
I'll agree a more accurate ad for these mags (if Eric's are the same as Lauer's) would be something like "New Labelle Teflon 30rd Mags".

They would have sold even faster with that headline!

Link Posted: 9/10/2003 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#19]
[b]Well , since I started THIS thread , I'm gonna take the opportunity to
make a statement.
This is not directed at any particular individual BTW !

There seem to be a lot of people on this board who take great pleasure in
"sharing " their  opinions on the various deals offered by commercial and
non commercial venders who  frequent the board.

Nothing wrong with that.

However , as soon as someone disagrees with or questions their opinion,
the dialogue soon degenerates into a PISSING MATCH, and the merits
of the seller and product immediately fall by the wayside.

Lauer and Ammoman are both steadfast supporters of our Hobby
and the RKBA , as are most of the other dealers.

If you think you got a raw deal, work with the seller , and save the whining
for the Feedback forum.

Finally, maybe we should just say thanks when we get a good deal , and not
look a Gifthorse in the mouth.[/b]
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#20]
I agree we should thank John at Lauer for a great deal. As for Ammmoman buying up the mags from Lauer and then jacking up the prices well I just don't see a lot to thank him for.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 10:12:14 PM EDT
[#21]
While the above statement in true, Eric has the buying power to by them, John wanted to sell them, so they struck a deal. Now the deal is Eric has mags, and you have to decide if you want to pay his price. If John (thankfully I ordered mine from him) had not sold his at $20 a piece, no-one would be complaining about Eric's price. Like Eric said, gotta love it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 3:11:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
While the above statement in true, Eric has the buying power to by them, John wanted to sell them, so they struck a deal. Now the deal is Eric has mags, and you have to decide if you want to pay his price. If John (thankfully I ordered mine from him) had not sold his at $20 a piece, no-one would be complaining about Eric's price. Like Eric said, gotta love it.
View Quote

Yep! It's called capitalism!
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 8:53:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Personally, as long as they aren't being advertised as Teflon, I would not worry about it.  The price is right, and the mags appear to be new, good enough in my book.

If they turned out to be Teflon, that's a bonus, but it isn't essential.  If I were to try to resell them after having bought them, I would not mention teflon at all, and they probably would still sell well.

Link Posted: 9/13/2003 1:02:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep! It's called capitalism!
View Quote

Capitalism:
In this case it's buy low, resell high
and SCREW the little guy!
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 1:07:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Before these mags appeared, teflon mags were routinely fetching over $40 each, and sometimes more for NIW. Once these are gone, expect the prices to right back where they were until the AWB sunsets. If it's replaced with something worse, Eric's price will seem cheaper yet!

As they say, the early bird gets the worm.

Capitalism, plain and simple!
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 3:37:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 6:26:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Post counts dictate whether your opinion is valid or not? Better yet, cause he thinks you're screwing the little guy and voices it, he should get out of the country? Tell ya what, why don't we just send you all our extra money, you send us nothing and with it you just get yourself another 'very' expensive car! This way no one is getting ripped off as they are doing it voluntarily.. :)
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 6:56:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
POSTED BY ANAGRAM-SAM:
Capitalism:
View Quote

It's always the young ones
that will sometime grow up to understand business.
Notice the suspect post count also.
We have been buying and selling for 20 years and it's a great job.Guys are out there fighting and dying for this way of life.
In this case and every fair case, it is called Capitalism.
Get the hell out of this country or quit your whining.
You could also learn to play but then you would have to call yourself a hypocrite.
Eric the ammoman
BTW, I normally don't respond to suspect post counts, because they usually have an ulterior motive.[BS]
View Quote

ulterior motive? like the one you had when you bought up the $20 mags to resale for more than $30.screwed alot of people out of some good mags.then screwed them again with your higher price. thats not capitalism that is just plain greedy. like charging $3.50 a gallon for gas on 9/11/01.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 8:34:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 8:59:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
POSTED BY ANAGRAM-SAM:
Capitalism:
View Quote

It's always the young ones
that will sometime grow up to understand business.
Notice the suspect post count also.
We have been buying and selling for 20 years and it's a great job.Guys are out there fighting and dying for this way of life.
In this case and every fair case, it is called Capitalism.
Get the hell out of this country or quit your whining.
You could also learn to play but then you would have to call yourself a hypocrite.
Eric the ammoman
BTW, I normally don't respond to suspect post counts, because they usually have an ulterior motive.[BS]
View Quote

ulterior motive? like the one you had when you bought up the $20 mags to resale for more than $30.screwed alot of people out of some good mags.then screwed them again with your higher price. thats not capitalism that is just plain greedy. like charging $3.50 a gallon for gas on 9/11/01.
View Quote

With that type of thinking, perhaps you would be best off moving to Cuba or North Korea.

I bet you belong to a union, don't ya?

It is called the free market, these mags were advertised at a price. People bought them. One man saw an oppertunity to make money, and he ahd the capital to do it, so he bought them and relisted them at what is still a decent price. If you like the price, buy, if not don't.

PROFIT is what makes the economy work, pure and simple. Had I the capitol to purchase them and the established market base within the industry that Ammoman has, I would have done the same thing.

In all honesty, unless you can move them pretty damm fast thats not even that great of a mark up. You have to consider he has the $$ invested in shipping, advertising, and time with these, not to mention his free shipping on large orders. In the end he will probably make less than $5 per mag.

But profit is evil isn't it there, comrade?
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 10:42:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Theoretically, Ammoman did the right thing from a capitalist/profit motive viewpoint.  And being that capitalism is the only viable economic model currently in exsistence that allows for freedom to exist, one can't really fault Ammoman.

That said, while my mind may say that there is nothing wrong with what he did, in my gut it does seem wrong.  There were a lot of people who didn't hear about the deal until after the mags were gone.  There would have been more people who would have got value out of those mags in a non-monetary form, who would appreciate owning those mags for their function not their worth.

There is nothing evil about profit, if you make that profit providing services/goods that the consumer wants and is willing to pay.  But when you buy the goods out from underneath the consumer and then charge the consumer more for them, don't expect to be appreciated for it.  If fact, you probably just pissed of the consumer.  But hey, capitalism is reality, I can deal, I'm not going to bend over and be happy about it though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 1:35:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Geeeze Raptor.
You need to learn what the word "ulterior motive" means.My motive was clear as day.
You also need to learn what the word "screwed" means.
We advertise them for a price and deliver them when they sell.
Are you or have you ever been a communist ? [:)]
John had them for sale for a week or 2.
You weren't waiting for the discussion about the finish or the bags or the dates to work itself out, were you?
Poor John had to sift through all the bullshit and complaining for a 2 mag sale.Guess what, he was happy as hell to wholesale them.
Don't like my price, don't buy them.We don't offer therapy for the cry babies.All we offer is ammo and mags.BTW anytime i see product at the right price, i buy and sell it.
Internet, importers or gunshows.
No excuses.
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Eric the ammoman

View Quote

so just because garand shooter whined about the finish its okay for you to buy the rest and up the price. those mags would of sold without either of you. if they where sold wholesale to you why such a high price? free shipping? at $31 a mag [bs] thats not profit thats just a jacked up price to sell to those uncertain about the awb. as for me personally dont worry about me buying from you. i dont go for the grab your ankles deals.

Link Posted: 9/13/2003 2:08:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 2:43:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Hey, Raptor!

Look at it this way. It's going to be a very long NO list we're being put on. With a little luck we may even be at the top of it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Geeeze Raptor.
You need to learn what the word "ulterior motive" means.My motive was clear as day.
You weren't waiting for the discussion about the finish or the bags or the dates to work itself out, were you?
Poor John had to sift through all the bullshit and complaining for a 2 mag sale.Guess what, he was happy as hell to wholesale them.
Don't like my price, don't buy them.We don't offer therapy for the cry babies.All we offer is ammo and mags.BTW anytime i see product at the right price, i buy and sell it.
No excuses.
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Eric the ammoman

View Quote

so just because garand shooter whined about the finish its okay for you to buy the rest and up the price. those mags would of sold without either of you. if they where sold wholesale to you why such a high price? free shipping? at $31 a mag [bs] thats not profit thats just a jacked up price to sell to those uncertain about the awb. as for me personally dont worry about me buying from you. i dont go for the grab your ankles deals.

View Quote

Seems to me Lauer was just as culpable in your book then since he made the decision to sell them in bulk to Eric. Maybe he saw that it was going to be a lot of work to ship out all those individual orders for 1 to 10 or so mags each. Packing and shipping is a pain, and costs money and time. If he can unload them all at once to someone set up for that kind of thing, what's wrong with that? And still there was shipping from Lauer to Eric, and Eric's price includes shipping to you. I just don't see what the gripe is. Try and find them anywhere else for less.
If I hadn't luckily seen Lauer's ad on the EE, realized from the pics that the mags were Teflon coated (which Lauer and Eric have yet to advertise), and ordered them on the spot, I wouldn't have gotten any either. In that case, I would be happy to buy some from Eric since his price is still well below what market value was and will be again. I don't think there are that many of these around that you will find them at any price at gun shows or anywhere else.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 3:00:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Geeeze Raptor.
No excuses.
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Eric the ammoman

View Quote

View Quote

WTF does my "whining" about the finish, as you say, have to do with a damm thing? (FWIW, i think the finish is great and said so, I was pointing out incorrect advertising!)

You had the same oppertunity as everyone else to buy some at that price, you just moved to slow. In the free market, thats how it goes, great deals don't last long.

Don't like his price? Don't buy, but don't sit and whine like a 2 year old when she finds out mommy ran out of candy because you waited too long and missed a deal.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 3:01:38 PM EDT
[#37]
yeah, i will lose sleep tonite. i was just burning to blow my money on inflated mags and ammo.he thinks i dont know anything about business.[bs] in my business a move  similar to that will get you a nice fine, at the least.

garand see ammoman post if you dont know.also dont worry i got my mags long ago for less. dont need any more. so have all you want.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 3:11:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
yeah, i will lose sleep tonite. i was just burning to blow my money on inflated mags and ammo.he thinks i dont know anything about business.[bs] in my business a move  similar to that will get you a nice fine, at the least.

garand see ammoman post if you dont know.also dont worry i got my mags long ago for less. dont need any more. so have all you want.
View Quote

Not to change the subject, but what business are you in that making a profit will get you fined (beyond taxes)?  Just curious..this is not a flame!

Edited to add: If you already have all the mags you need and never had any intention of buying any more, then I REALLY don't understand your complaint! You didn't even miss out on the "good" deal, much less get screwed on the "bad" part.  JMHO
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Ammoman... are your Labelle mags teflon coated?

Thanks,

Cody
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 1:55:51 PM EDT
[#41]
What is the big deal, if someone does like the price you are not forced to buy it from them! That is why there are competitors!!!

And Eric, are the LaBelle's teflon coated? If so, you have an order coming.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 3:11:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:44:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Eric, are the LaBelle's teflon coated? If so, you have an order coming.
View Quote

I never opened any of the bags but we have sold about 500 so far.Anybody with some in hand want to chime in?
Thanks
Eric the ammoman

View Quote

Seems as though he will not commit himself to a straight answer, are they Teflon or not? You claim on your web site that, "You will not find a better mag", but you have never even opened a bag to see what finish is on the mag? Are the bags not transparent, you certainly are.
[BS2][BS2][BS2][BS2]
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 4:01:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 6:07:13 AM EDT
[#45]
it is called market forces. when product is low and demand is high prices go up, and vice versa.  when prices take a shit will he still pay more for them. if you dont like the price then dont buy it. but it apears that he wants some but unwilling to pay the price. this is why the free store went out of business. you just cant make them all happy. raptor is just a idot. good luck ammoman. R GUNS OUT.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 6:40:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Before the ban, I remember seeing people pay 30+ dollars for a 30 round M-16 mag. 20 round mags were everywhere, but some folks HAD to have that extra ten rounds.

for a new, quality manufactured product that can be the make or break for a rifle, 30 bucks is fair.

Meplat-
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 6:40:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
it is called market forces. when product is low and demand is high prices go up, and vice versa.  when prices take a shit will he still pay more for them. if you dont like the price then dont buy it. but it apears that he wants some but unwilling to pay the price. this is why the free store went out of business. you just cant make them all happy. raptor is just a idot. good luck ammoman. R GUNS OUT.
View Quote

Holy shit! Roger and I agree on something!
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 6:56:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Hey Guys,
It's simple.
Eric [b]has[/b] a [b]good[/b] price on NIW GI mags.
Lauer [b]had[/b] a [b]great[/b] price on NIW GI mags.

Either way we, yes I ordered 5 Labelle mgs from Eric, we win.
The Demon-crats are trying their best so that we have [b]NO[/b] mags at all.

All I read about ammoman.com was how great he was on ammo before this MAG thing came out. Not one complant! Now you slam him to the wall?

Oh well, my .000000000002 cents.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:10:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

hey pissant, go back to grammer school. fuck you very much.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:38:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

hey pissant, go back to grammer school. fuck you very much.
View Quote

Your Momma know you got a potty mouth?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top