Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/19/2002 2:24:27 AM EDT
If Black Hills will make certain batches of ammo for the government to their spec if they get enough.  How much ammo would it take to get Black Hills to sell us the military version of their 75grain match ammo.

We would need to all agree on the specifics like:

75 grain max so the 1/9 barrels can use it
Canuler to help prevent setback/enhance fragmentation
Loaded nice and hot
Low flash powder or flash inhibitor
Sealed for long term storage

and they can make it with once used LC brass to keep the cost down.

If we all did a group buy and bought say 100,000 rounds do you think Black Hills would go for it?  Perhaps just get em to make a TAP copy?  What do you guys think?  WHat would you pay per 1000 for the "ultimate anti-personnel ammo"
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 7:16:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm, going by current costs Ammoman's civilian 75gr. Hornady TAP would run $720/1000.

It is definitely an interesting idea; but I'm skeptical that AR15.com can buy enough ammo that they could:

A) Cost-effectively manufacture a slightly different batch of it at the same time military demand has ramped up

B) Significantly reduce the price below $720/1000

Unless the price comes way down, I don't see us being able to generate demand for 100,000 rounds or more. Even at $500/1000 I don't see it being a hot seller and that's a discount of almost 33% off Ammoman's bulk pricing.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top