Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2005 5:57:49 PM EDT
I was checking out ammo prices for 223 stuff and checked out CMP program for ammo.

It is pretty cheap ammo, is it any good? It seems to be recent manufacture...

what say the masses!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it is pretty good, but not match quality.  I have never had an issue with CMP surplus ammo.

I did not find any .223/5.56 ammo though.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:14:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I never saw any 5.56 from CMP.  What are they selling?  Do you have a list or a POC?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:55:49 AM EDT
[#3]
They sell Federal and Black Hills ammo, but only through the club itself for use in rifle matches and practice. Good prices for 55gr to 77gr.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:03:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I checked it last week and they had 223 at good prices!

Should have bouth some, I drop in randomly and see what they have.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:42:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I just received 1000 rounds of Black Hills 75gr MHP through the CMP (and my local club) - drop shipped direct from BH with "CMP use only" stickers on the boxes, appears to be fresh production ammo, cheaper shipped than I can get it anywhere else (including Midway with my FFL discount).

If you belong to/shoot matches at a CMP affiliated club, have the club's CMP coordinator sign off on an order form for you and go to town.  IIRC, when I placed my order (+/- a month ago), the Federal loadings were not available.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:52:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Only club sales now, you used to be able to get BH and Federal 5.56 on the regular e-store commercial ammo sales at really good prices. I'am sure some BH vendors complained about the cheap prices !  I buy through my club and use the ammo for matches and HP practice.

Club Ammo
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top