Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/12/2003 8:43:19 AM EDT
- Lake city harder to get and quality is lower that with earlier lots.

- S&B seems to be on backorder at alot of places.

- Natchezss is out of the Federal Eagle cheap stuff and is selling Q3131A at a premium price. Can't find this ammo anywhere else.

- PMP is sold out at AimSurplus

- SA battlepacks are all gone

- Cheaper than dirt is out of much of the 7.62x39 surplus and Wolf

Aim, Natchezss, CTD, Sportsmansguide all seem to be the same story. Am I paniced for no reason? I seem to have ammo in my basement that was purchased a year or less ago and I can't buy it any more. This have me a bit nervous.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:52:40 AM EDT
Ammo seems to ebb and flow. I notice it especially with surplus ammo. Sometimes everyone has truckloads of it...three months later, it's all dried up until the next shipment. I'm not worried about it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:01:37 AM EDT
I haven't seen any shortages at all of the Federal XM193 and for what it's worth, the quality isn't really that different than it's ever been. It's true that some of the newer lots may or may not have the sealant, but if your ammo is stored properly, it really isn't that much of an issue. Other than that, the XM193 should be good stuff. Ths surplus stuff does come and go. The problem with any surplus ammo is that there is always limited supplies of the stuff. Obviously there are more of some types than others. When buying surplus this is just one of the problems encountered. A few years ago the Malaysian 5.56mm was a hot seller, but it just ran out and there isn't anymore coming into the country. So if you want to have a bunch of the same surplus ammo to use for a long time to come, it's best to buy as much of it as you can while it is available and cheap. I wouldn't really worry about any shortages at this time. If you find yourself desperate for good plinking .223 ammo, then take a trip to Wal-Mart and pick up some of the Winchester value packs. It's cheap and will suffice for plinking. But I see nothing wrong with XM193. It's cheap, performs well, is full power and readily available from numerous sources. And while Cheaper Than Dirt (should be renamed Higher Than Hell!) is low on some of the 7.62x39mm, there should be plenty of Wolf, Barnaul, Silver Bear, and Uly available from places such as Natchez, Sportsman's Guide, AIM, J&G, etc. -Charging Handle
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 4:18:28 PM EDT
17hmr has been hard to find.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 4:37:38 PM EDT
Well Boys, its your lucky day.... Order now and get in before the rush! [url]http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?p=WX2&i=51730[/url] [:D]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 7:10:11 PM EDT
I have 6,000rds of Lake City 5.56mm stored away in ammo cans for SHTF. I recently received 2,000 more of lot #29, I would highly recommend stockpiling this no fail ammo. If possible, stock up on some M855
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:54:47 PM EDT
Did I read that thread correctly, is lot 29 hot as the earlier lots? I have seen some of the lot 29 stuff here in Minnesota this week
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:07:28 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Grock: Well Boys, its your lucky day.... Order now and get in before the rush! [url]http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?p=WX2&i=51730[/url] [:D]
View Quote
Too late.... [i][red]We're sorry, this item is not currently in stock. This backordered item will be delivered as soon as we get new stock in our warehouse. You will not be billed until the item is shipped. This item is expected at Sportsman's Guide on September 22, 2003. If you do not want to order this item, please remove the item from your Shopping Cart[/red][/i]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:40:00 AM EDT
Originally Posted By FrankSquid:
Originally Posted By Grock: Well Boys, its your lucky day.... Order now and get in before the rush! [url]http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?p=WX2&i=51730[/url] [:D]
View Quote
Too late.... [i][red]We're sorry, this item is not currently in stock. This backordered item will be delivered as soon as we get new stock in our warehouse. You will not be billed until the item is shipped. This item is expected at Sportsman's Guide on September 22, 2003. If you do not want to order this item, please remove the item from your Shopping Cart[/red][/i]
View Quote
Damn! I am down to 6k in battlepacks! I need to reorder!
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:00:53 AM EDT
[b]Damn! I am down to 6k in battlepacks! I need to reorder![/b] Hardly enough to last till September; what were you thinking? Now you will be burning some of your Lake City stash.
Top Top