Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 9:16:01 AM EDT
I'm really getting a bad feeling about availability. 7.62x39 seems to be dried up everywhere and .223 and 308 have been dwindling fast.

Is it time to stock up if you can find it? I hope more ammo is on ships but I guess you never know.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:20:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Go to sportsmansguide.com , natchezss.com , or cheaperthandirt.com
Plenty of 7.62x39 there.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:19:14 PM EDT
[#2]
natchez is pretty light also
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#3]
just got off of sportsmansguide. all of the wolf 7.62x39 as well as the spam cans are all on back order. natchezss is out also.

i hope i'm missing something, because this doesn't seem good.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:19:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I have mentioned this before, but I have seen this also, what is coming in, is not in the same quantities that have been seen in the past. I do not know what is going on, be it the UN BS, supplies are thinning out or what, but when ammo does come in, it is gone pretty quickly. For all I know it's just because people are stocking up for a rainy day, and buying in larger quantities then in the past.

Regardless, I have almost 5 K ordered and coming my way, my ammo "collection" is pretty much done. In 5 years I might be very glad I bought when I did.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:15:09 PM EDT
[#5]
i generally don't panic, but i will be focusing all of my short term purchases on ammo unitl i get a comfort factor regarding supply.

good luck guys.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:35:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry, I did not know the big online places were out of stock.

I was at the Philadelphia/Valley Forge gun show last weekend and they had great prices.

Federal Independence Brass case 9mm $5 per box
1000 rounds Wolf 7.62 HP and FMJ at $94
1000 rounds Wolf .223 62 gr FMJ $104
1000 rounds South African .308 M80 $150
500 rounds XM193 in individual boxes $94 --lot 102 with 2005 headstamps

I an now kicking myself for not getting more.  I live in an apartment and will be moving to a house soon.  Its getting hard to hide my hoards of ammo from my new wife (been married 6 weeks)!
The full ammo cans are damned heavy...she will figure it out soon.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#7]
try ammoman
I think we are seeing a general drying up of the surplus ammo market.
But never fear - there is always some warehouse, somewhere, that has yet to be opened.
Remember the days of $80 Norinco SKS?
I don't - I was too young.
But now are the days of the $80 Yugo SKS - learn the lesson.
Buy it cheap - stack it deep.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top