Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2008 8:08:49 AM EDT
I found this company at the Wanenmacher's arms show in Tulsa Ok. it's BVAC.Inc. Bitterroot Valley Ammunition & Components sales. Florence,Mt.

www.bvac-ammo.com

Phone:406-273-9140

I really liked their clean 223 Ammo. I bought at the show and have ordered more from them  today.

I bought some of the BV223-1 55gr FMJ the price is $16.59 for 50rds. They have lots of other weights and many other calibers.
They require a photo I.D.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:01:55 PM EDT
Have you fired any yet? Accuracy report?

By the way, somebody needs to offer to design them a website in exchange for some rounds or something.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:06:12 PM EDT
Is that the guy that split from HSM?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:53:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By hillbillyhell:

By the way, somebody needs to offer to design them a website in exchange for some rounds or something.

I will do that report as soon as I get the Ammo. and have time to get it to the range.
They have sold a lot of their Ammo. at the Gun show and I have not heard any bad reports and if there was problems I get around a lot and would be hearing about it.

Why don't you contact them about working over their Web site.?

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:01:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By brasidas:
Is that the guy that split from HSM?

Yes he was a manager at the Hunting Shack for many years and left to start his own Ammo. Mfg. Company. It's the American way it's called free enterprise this is why we live here and not in another Country.

Next time everyone buys the cheap Russian Ammo. remember maybe the Ammo. made in this Country might cost a little more but it's made by Americans not Russians.

Got a problem with Bitterroot Valley Ammo. or The Hunting Shack you know their phone number and where to find them. You have a problem with a Russian Ammo. who you gonna call Ghost Busters?

You think the suppliers of the Russian Ammo. can really help you?

BUY AMERICAN QUALITY AMMO. And if your not a member of the NRA JOIN.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:09:38 PM EDT
rifleshooter474: this is also a capitalist country. We tend to go for the cheapest prices.
That said, 34c/round isn't terrible. Where did you find the $17/50 price on the website? I'm not finding it on the site (hard to find *anything* on that site). I'm only finding some bulk prices in a pdf.

That website is horrible. Enough to make me not want to buy anything there. He'd have to spend a few $1000 to get a decent designer to make a decent working website, but I'm sure his web sales would go way up. Nobody wants to buy from a site that you can't read the text on, text overlaps, you have to open a pdf to get prices.. etc.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:50:37 PM EDT
Proload also sells Bitteroot Valley.  I haven't got any yet, but considering how hard it's been to get any brass cased ammo recently, I'm thinking about it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:00:23 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ridata:
rifleshooter474: this is also a capitalist country. We tend to go for the cheapest prices.
That said, 34c/round isn't terrible. Where did you find the $17/50 price on the website? I'm not finding it on the site (hard to find *anything* on that site). I'm only finding some bulk prices in a pdf.

That website is horrible. Enough to make me not want to buy anything there. He'd have to spend a few $1000 to get a decent designer to make a decent working website, but I'm sure his web sales would go way up. Nobody wants to buy from a site that you can't read the text on, text overlaps, you have to open a pdf to get prices.. etc.

Well if you download their PFD price sheets there are three pages on page two the second 223 listed on the page is the BV223-1 55gr FMJ price $16.59 for 50rds.

The Web site might not be perfect but it's the Ammo. they Mfg. that counts. If you call them they will be very helpful and do what ever it takes to get you the Ammo. you want.

I met them at the Wanenmacher's Arms show and they impressed me as honest hard working people that were very helpful and did not rush me like many other tables were doing everyone.  

I had no problem with them on phone and through e-mails and my order has been shipped.

Soon as I get my next check I am ordering a lot more 223 and 5.56 also some .45 and .40sw from them.

Yeah I know all about our Capitalist Country and how everyone wants everything on the  cheap.

I also notice our Capitalist Country's Auto Mfg. are asking for taxpayer money to keep them from going down the tube. If they had made quality products years ago maybe Companies like Toyota Nissan and Honda would not be kicking their ass's as they are today.

So much for buying cheap Russian Ammo. If you take notice Russia's Putin put a quick end to their short run as a Capitalist Country. Now their are no Capitalist's in Russia.

BUY AMERICAN QUALITY AMMO.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:49:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By rifleshooter474:

I will do that report as soon as I get the Ammo. and have time to get it to the range.
They have sold a lot of their Ammo. at the Gun show and I have not heard any bad reports and if there was problems I get around a lot and would be hearing about it.

cool, look forward to some shooting impressions...if it's consistent ammo it's a huge bargain at those prices. I tend to shoot for reasonable accuracy at long ranges, the XM193 is about the best I've found in terms of price vs accuracy...so if this stuff will come close to 193, it's a hell of a deal.

Oh, I would contact them about doing the site, but I pay someone to do mine haha. Was just throwing that out there because someone here has got to know how to do that stuff.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:03:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By rifleshooter474:

cool, look forward to some shooting impressions...if it's consistent ammo it's a huge bargain at those prices. I tend to shoot for reasonable accuracy at long ranges, the XM193 is about the best I've found in terms of price vs accuracy...so if this stuff will come close to 193, it's a hell of a deal.

Oh, I would contact them about doing the site, but I pay someone to do mine haha. Was just throwing that out there because someone here has got to know how to do that stuff.

TheBV223-1 55gr FMJ Ammo. I bought was just for shooting at the range since all the American Eagle XM193C I was buying at $8 for 20rds is all gone local.

They also have a BV5.56-17TN a 75gr TACTICAL at $23.95 for a box of 50rds. I bought three box's at the Arms show I am pretty sure it's a better long range Ammo.

If you look at their PFD price sheet you can see they offer many options for the 223 shooter.

I have noticed that The Hunting Shacks prices are somewhat higher then BVAC also they do not attend Arms Shows anymore, they are selling a lot to many major sporting goods stores so they don't need us little buyers as they used to.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:37:51 PM EDT
This is all reloaded brass from here right? Thanks Eric
Top Top