Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 11/27/2002 2:24:42 AM EDT
I have been browsing some ammo sites and found one that does not ship ammo to Tennessee. I knew about Alaska, Hawaii, and New Jersey but is TN one of the ban states?

What's your thoughts on 63 grain .223 Swill surplus that's out there?

Thanks much.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 6:05:30 AM EDT
What sites are you talking about? I'm not aware of any state that bans ammo sales. I am aware of ammoman.com not shipping to NJ, since he is based in NJ and would have to deal with the state ammo. registration/purchase laws. There is also a company in the GA/TN area that does not sell locally. I'm not sure, but I think they have an agreement with local area stores, or they have their own stores and would be competing with themselves. As for Alaska & Hawaii, that is due to the shipping costs and the restrictions on shipping ammo by air. I assume .223 Swill is supposed to be .223 Swiss. Do a search on it here. There have been a number of discussions about it. Some of it has been reported as being very good, while some has been reported as being problematic. I'm not sure which lots or packaging has had problems, but like I said, it is posted here someplace.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 2:46:36 AM EDT
Thanks much. I think you answered my question. The company was local and most likely does not want to deal with the local laws. Ammoman will ship to TN and they are the ones with the SwiSS ammo. Sorry about the spelling. I sometimes type faster than I think.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 4:36:08 AM EDT
Word of advice... ignore the rules and regulations that are posted on web sites and try to go ahead and try to make the order via internet or by phone. You'll be suprised on how many ammo dealers will ship as long as they trust that you are of legal age. [b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Top Top