Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/3/2003 9:38:50 AM EDT
Can anyone tell me a good online source for ammo cans like these? Went to one gun show and two military surplus stores today and nada! Thanks..

Link Posted: 5/3/2003 9:49:25 AM EDT
[#1]
try cheaper than dirt online or SG..or call round to army/navy surplus stores..the supplies are gettin thin from what i hear..military goin to sum new plastic ones that i havent really seen out there yet.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 10:50:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I have stop getting them.  I bought all of mine full of ammo and for some strange reason don't have a problem emptying them.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 1:47:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Given the cost of shipping, and the price that most ask for these cans, I would suggest you wait until you go to another gunshow.

Go [url=http://www.cegunshows.com/]Here[/url] to find a C&E show near you. You should be able to find plenty of .50 cal cans there. They may not say 5.56 on them but they are the same size.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 1:54:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, shipping is likely to be more than the cans themselves depending on the place you find them at.

Best deal I've gotten on ammo cans yet was 5 for 10  bucks at a local gunshow back about 2 years ago.   These were GOOD condition cans and we got there while the guy  had 3 freakin pallets of the things.   He could have easily charged 4 bucks a can which seems to be about the typical going price, instead he just wanted to make certain he got rid of ALL that he had.    The pallets didn't last the day.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 5:43:19 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are near enough to Camp LeJeune they have 166ea 7.62 cans at DRMS.  DRMS has direct sales to civilians so you might want to give them a shout and find out when their next sale is.  You can find out alot about DRMS @
[url]http://www.drms.dla.mil/[/url]

Or call pawn shops and surplus stores near LeJeune they get some pretty interesting stuff a few days before payday.

MM
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:16:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Widener's appears to still carry 50 cal cans for $20/6 + shipping.

[url]www.wideners.com/cart.asp?Action=Details&item=AC50-A[/url]

The last batch I ordered from them was very nice. They seem to be more consistent in terms of quality than Cheaper Than Dirt. CTD has been hit or miss.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top