Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2005 2:53:18 PM EDT
Just picked up a great deal at American Spirit Arms. I went to a gun show to pick up a lower to assemble a new AR, went to American Spirit Arms to get an upper and the deal they had on their complete gun,16'' flat top with collapsable stock, complete bolt, fold down front and rear sights case and 1 mag was over $200 lower then doing it yourself. Great costomer service I do recommend American Spirit Arms for biulds or complete rifle.
Scott
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Bob, is that you?
If not, I apologize.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:08:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Without posting what the prices were for each angle, this thread really isn't saying much.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:17:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice first post.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:38:32 PM EDT
[#4]
That post condradicts most of the information I've read here over the last few years about ASA...  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:41:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I have seen quite a bit positive about ASA lately, though.  Seems like the new management has turned things around.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:56:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Is that Bob the fat-assed dude with the daughter so big she could play Offensive line in the NFL? Are they from Scottsdale Arizona on way North Hayden Road?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:54:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have seen quite a bit positive about ASA lately, though.  Seems like the new management has turned things around.

+1 and ASA is getting a new niche in the market with those retro lowers and barrels.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:06:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Bob, is that you?
If not, I apologize.

+1

Isn't ASA based in AZ?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:27:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I sold my too-tight-in-the-magwell ASA lower with a Bushy two stage trigger to a guy I shoot with (yes he knew it was tight).  He bought an ASA stainless 16" flat top varmint upper for it and it has functioned flawlessly.  It's a nice upper and accurate, too.

I'm still sticking with Colt, Bushmaster and Rock River.  Mostly Rock River at this point.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:34:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, ASA is located in Scottsdale, AZ. There was a guy named Bob, I've heard, that used to own/operate ASA, but he's been bought out by another guy. This new guy (Brad, I think?) is a great guy, very helpful. Their product is great, good customer service. I highly recommend them. They're offering great deals right now, still trying to establish themselves, and probably trying to overcome the negative image from the previous owner. Once they get known as a quality builder, I imagine the prices will go up to match most others.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:48:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Yea I had heard some time ago that ASA is now under new management and that the guy currently in charge has been doing everything he can to turn the company into a good business.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:57:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Yes, ASA is located in Scottsdale, AZ. There was a guy named Bob, I've heard, that used to own/operate ASA, but he's been bought out by another guy.

nope not the case at all.......still owner by bob, he just has someone sprucing up his image. I still wouldn't take the chance, seeing there are other AR manufaturers out there that have better customer service, and products.

starpas.cc.state.az.us/cgi-bin/wspd_cgi.sh/WService=wsbroker1/names-detail.p?name-id=08164817&type=CORPORATION

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Yes, ASA is located in Scottsdale, AZ. There was a guy named Bob, I've heard, that used to own/operate ASA, but he's been bought out by another guy. This new guy (Brad, I think?) is a great guy, very helpful. Their product is great, good customer service. I highly recommend them. They're offering great deals right now, still trying to establish themselves, and probably trying to overcome the negative image from the previous owner. Once they get known as a quality builder, I imagine the prices will go up to match most others.

Have you visited their website?

$580something for a 20" crome-lined gov't profile upper with Bolt/carrier assembly.

That's already pretty high.

I could probably find a NIW Colt M16A2 upper and buy a Colt M16 Bolt/carrier for that.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:56:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:55:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:57:58 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Looks like the last corporate report was received 9-04.The next report date is 8-22-5. I suppose theoretically it could have been sold in the last year. Guess we'll find out in the next month or so....

now don't you think that if someone did buy ASA from bob, they would have posted that the company is in the hands of new owners? given the "stellar"  reputation ASA  has earned in the AR world, I would certinly do that to make people aware of it. especially since they have their own forum right here.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:23:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Is that Bob the fat-assed dude with the daughter so big she could play Offensive line in the NFL? Are they from Scottsdale Arizona on way North Hayden Road?

Highly uncalled for, please keep personal attacks against family members in the General Discussion area.  Some of us are very uninterested in this garbage.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:19:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I would like to see anouther AR maker doing things on the up and up, but ASA..... If they do then I didn't see it comming.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:00:35 PM EDT
[#21]
I think ASA's best chance is with the retro lowers.  The problem is,  they seem to be making a limited run for Arfcom members.  If they advertised, they could make some good money on early M16/XM16E1/M16A1 clones/lowers. No one else is mass producing these kinds of guns.  The closest thing is Total Silence, but they have to convert lowers from A2 to A1. I'll stop giving crappy business advice.

Couch-Commando
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:12:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:27:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Colt-653,

That's good to know and it's good to see someone on here trying to turn ASA around.

The more AR manufacturers we have, the better.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:54:49 PM EDT
[#24]
The more AR manufacturers we have, the better.

WIZZO

+1
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:35:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Can I get some more feedback about these lowers? Who makes the lowers for ASA?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:33:07 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Can I get some more feedback about these lowers? Who makes the lowers for ASA?

And what's the current status on the early type lowers. I still need an M16/XM16E1 type.

My USAF surp barrelled upper is screaming at me to get the damn A2 lower off her butt, and dress up her heinie w/the proper piece.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top