Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2004 7:06:29 PM EDT
I tried doing a search, but didn't come up with much more than "run away" "they suck" etc.  I'm trying to find out specifically what's wrong with them, is it that their parts in their guns suck, their customer service sucks, their whole guns suck or all of the above. Not that I don't believe it, I'm kind of looking for specifics. I have a little first hand experience with them, a friend has one, I was not impressed, it looks good, but has malfunctioned.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:45:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I think a lot of people received lemon uppers and kits from them. When they tried to make it right with ASA, they were not treated right. Lots of recurring problems and out of spec stuff mixed with bad customer service.
Stay away.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:07:11 PM EDT
[#2]
The reason why everyone says "run away" is because this has been discussed by so many people so many times.  I think I am going to save a .txt file to my hard drive with a standard response.

I bought an M4 clone from them, before I even had a chance to take it to the range I noticed the front sight post was canted to the left.
Trip 1 to ASA:  They had the barrel turned too far, fixed it in less than 20 minutes and I went home.

Trip 1 to the range:  Loaded up 30rnd mag, got malfunctions every 2 shots.  After about 2 magazines of this I tried another magazine and after 3 shots I was lucky enough to have the rifle explode in my arms.  I left the rifle as it was, took the magazine out, boxed it up and went to ASA.

Trip 2 to ASA:  They blamed the kaboom on my Wal-Mart bought Winchester ammo because it had "flat primers."  They cleared it and inspected it and test-fired it and found no problems and no malfunctions.  This trip I also got to meet the asswipe of an owner and he had a little hissy fit after I said something about how I hope my rifle eventually works.  When he wasn't around one of the employees mentioned that he was surprised there hasn’t been a lawsuit yet.

Trip 2 to the range:  Malfunctions ever other round still.

Trip 3 to ASA:  Kept it for a week to have the gunsmith "inspect" it.  They again found no problems and said the headspace and everything was fine.

Trip 3 to range:  Still getting malfunctions every other round.

Trip 4 to ASA:  The employees were then sick of seeing me, gave me a new M4 upper.

Trip 4 to range:  Still getting malfunctions, but not as frequent.

Trip 5 to ASA:  Made them replace my bolt

Now, it actually hasn't had a malfunction since.  But I sure as hell don't trust it and I never want to deal with it or ASA ever again.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top