Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2004 7:51:35 AM EDT
I have a AR6920DC Colt upper receiver that I wish to install on a lower.
Does any one have any experiences with the American Spirit Arms receivers?

I have only recently gotten into the AR style of firearms and need all the help
I can get.

Are there better brands of lower receivers out there?

Am going to put a collapsable stock on the lower, and have a DPMS bolt assembly
to install, will this combo work?

Thanks for all the help, you guys are the best!!
Dave
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:26:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#2]
It might tell you something that damned near nobody from the Phoenix area, where ASA is based, will have anything to do with them.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:51:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It might tell you something that damned near nobody from the Phoenix area, where ASA is based, will have anything to do with them.

SD

Indeed.  I live within a few minutes of them.  When I first got into the AR world, I made the mistake of buying one of their lowers.  I've since replaced the lower parts kit, although I do still use the actual lower for my M4Gery.  I haven't had any problems with it the actual lower because it's made by someone other than ASA, and then they put their name on it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:10:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Avoid ASA like the plague!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#5]
run, run, run away
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Can anyone give advise as to which lowers to avoid and more importment, which lowers and parts are worth buying.

Thanks,
ScubaTexas
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top