Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2013 8:27:03 AM EST
I was wondering if someone with experience could give some insight into possibly using the regular low mount on a flat top receiver. Or, is the co-witness the way to go when going that route.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:11:37 PM EST
If you are mounting directly to the top rail, I would go with the higher of the 2. On a 45 offset the lower one is GTG with a magnified optic but on top by itself the higher mount brings it up into the natural FOV better (and allows for an easier co-witness). Just my .02 though
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:50:25 PM EST
That was kind of my thought. I would like to keep everything streamlined as possible and I cannot seem to find actual measurements to get a good visual idea of the setups.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:18:56 AM EST
Look at getting the Troy co-witness version. I have the regular co-witness mount and it mounts the RMR too high and cannot co-witness with KAC BUIS.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:27:15 AM EST
Just from the pictures I have seen, it seems as though the "co-witness" height is too tall for most flip ups. I contacted them via email to see if they would send me the actual height measurements. If I hear back from them I will throw them on here for anyone whose interested.
Top Top