Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2013 9:27:03 AM EDT
I was wondering if someone with experience could give some insight into possibly using the regular low mount on a flat top receiver. Or, is the co-witness the way to go when going that route.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are mounting directly to the top rail, I would go with the higher of the 2.  On a 45 offset the lower one is GTG with a magnified optic but on top by itself the higher mount brings it up into the natural FOV better (and allows for an easier co-witness).  Just my .02 though
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:50:25 PM EDT
[#2]
That was kind of my thought. I would like to keep everything streamlined as possible and I cannot seem to find actual measurements to get a good visual idea of the setups.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:18:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Look at getting the Troy co-witness version. I have the regular co-witness mount and it mounts the RMR too high and cannot co-witness with KAC BUIS.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:27:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Just from the pictures I have seen, it seems as though the "co-witness" height is too tall for most flip ups. I contacted them via email to see if they would send me the actual height measurements. If I hear back from them I will throw them on here for anyone whose interested.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top