Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/1/2007 7:55:44 AM EDT
I bought 150 rnds of this stuff from the gun shop not too far from my office.  I've shot maybe 100 rnds of it before I had my first "issue".  Today I was at the range and after 30-40 rnds I had a round that didn't go off.  So I ejected the mag and the range officer got a cleaning rod to knock it back.  The next round I shot the primer blew off and got caught in my bolt which seized.  Luckily one of the range officers is a gunsmith so he had to take my whole gun apart.  My stock was twisted (he said due to the pressure).  The jokingly harassed me about how you should never shoot reloads.  Luckily I have a case of Black Hills coming in on Wednesday.  I'm going to keep the left over American Ammo for when the zombies come, and even then only use it as a last resort.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:06:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:08:55 AM EDT
[#2]
It also sucked when a piece of their brass got mixed in with my brass and jammed up my  Dillon.

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:12:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#4]
AMERC IS CRAP. I've said it before and I'll say it again, AMERC is the worst of the worst. The brass sucks, it's to brittle, it's out of spec, and the QC is non existent.

Buy at your own [and firearms] risk.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:32:59 AM EDT
[#5]

American Ammo = POS ammo

With that realization, you earn membership to a very exclusive club.  The name of the club is “Everyone Who Knows Anything About Ammunition and Firearms”.

Edited because of internet weirdness
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:45:20 AM EDT
[#6]
In Before FMJ.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:34:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:45:45 AM EDT
[#8]
AMERC brass pisses me off! When I pick up range brass and get all the way home with it before sorting, only to find I get to throw the crap away!! The pistol ammo is of equal quality, by the way.
A04039
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:35:51 AM EDT
[#9]
when i go home and sort brass i keep a 5 gallon bucket next to my sorting area all junk brass goes into it--when it fill up i bring to the scrap metal yard and get good money for my time and effort-at least it does not go into the trash
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top