Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2004 12:55:54 PM EDT
Ok I know I have probly beat the bush on here but I am about to order my lower finally and was wondering which of these two lowers were better, as in fit, finish durability? Anything that you can come up with to add input thanks alot

Josh
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:01:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I would personally go with a Stag lower. The Fit and finish is better then any other lower that I have seen. I own several of them and could not be happier. I would reccomend these lowers to anyone.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:09:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Having one of each, go with the AA by far.  

You'll never have to worry about getting a reciever that is too tight, and the finish on the AA recievers is better than the Stag without a doubt.

Scott
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:10:54 PM EDT
[#3]
They are cheap enough, get both. I have gone with Stag and am very much happy. It's six of one, half dozen of the other!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd go Ameetec simply because I think they are of equal quality but the Ameetec doesn't have that stupid hillbilly logo.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#5]
The Ameetec is about as good a lower as you'll find anywhere at any price. There is no finish on the market I've seen thats better, and the logo and lettering looks professional and clear. The stag doesn't have as good a finish, and the deer head logo is pretty out of place on an AR IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks alot everybody
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:13:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't dig that dear head on a AR. That belongs on a deer rifle as far as I'm concerned. Not knocking their quality I just think the logo sucks. I'm getting a Ameetec myself. Plus I live in Mesa, the same place the make them and it would be cool to have your hometown written on my AR. I was thinking of getting a Model 1 upper, but I may just get the Ameetec upper too.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:37:57 AM EDT
[#8]
What grade of aluminum are the Ameetec receivers made from?  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:27:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Ameetec lowers are fine. They don't pay as much attention to the roll marks or machineing/smoothing   the out side of the reciever as other manufacturers do but that obviously doesn't affect function at all. If you care at all about what the reciever looks like on the outside, go with the Stag lower.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:28:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't dig that dear head on a AR. That belongs on a deer rifle as far as I'm concerned.

My deer rifle is an AR.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:37:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I own three Ameetec lowers (and uppers).  Each lower exhibits outstanding quality and finish.

Are they better than Stag lowers?  No clue.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy Ameetec again, though...
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:44:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I've heard some of the Ameetech lowers have very little material around the magwell.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:17:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Ameetec lowers are fine. They don't pay as much attention to the roll marks or machineing/smoothing.  

How do you figure? The Ameetec receiver I sold you was no less than the quality of a Bushmaster receiver, which is no wonder when they're both made side by side.

As far as I am concerned I think both lowers are good but I would not buy the Stag because I do not personally care for their logo.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:21:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I too, hate the Stag logo.... but I couldn't get past the super low price... I own 3.    I wish vendors didnt put a damn logo at all.... just their name, like RRA USED to.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:25:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'd go Ameetec simply because I think they are of equal quality but the Ameetec doesn't have that stupid hillbilly logo.

I like the hillbilly logo.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:35:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

You would.  

Hillbilly.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#17]
From what I hear CMT makes at least four different lowers all to different prints/specs. So just because they all come from CMT doesn't make them all equal.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:33:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You would.  

Hillbilly.

Dammit, you are making me put down my banjo, and get off my cousin to reply.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
From what I hear CMT makes at least four different lowers all to different prints/specs. So just because they all come from CMT doesn't make them all equal.

CMT does not make Ameetec. As for who makes Stag, it could be CMT, but I do not know for certain.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ameetec lowers are fine. They don't pay as much attention to the roll marks or machineing/smoothing.  

How do you figure? The Ameetec receiver I sold you was no less than the quality of a Bushmaster receiver, which is no wonder when they're both made side by side.

As far as I am concerned I think both lowers are good but I would not buy the Stag because I do not personally care for their logo.

Not to take away from my own thread, but I have to say this... OWnED
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I've heard some of the Ameetech lowers have very little material around the magwell.

... Can't find that ARFCOM thread that addressed all mag well wall thicknesses, but all my AA measure 0.077" where 0.080" is nominal according to Colt's CAD model.

... That said, the fit and finish are near perfect. Very happy with price & quality.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:50:59 PM EDT
[#22]
... Can't find that ARFCOM thread that addressed all mag well wall thicknesses, but all my AA measure 0.077" where 0.080" is nominal according to Colt's CAD model.

... That said, the fit and finish are near perfect. Very happy with price & quality.

members.cox.net/winston_wolf/4.jpg

Sounds good to me hopefully in the next week I'll have mine on order thanks fellas
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:43:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey WW - what kind of barrels came with those peel washers?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:22:56 PM EDT
[#24]
I gave WW those peel washers. He was having a tough time with the crush washers.

At least I think those are them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:26:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I gave WW those peel washers. He was having a tough time with the crush washers.

Ahh... I was wondering.  My new bushies all came with crush.  I like the crush washers!  1 minute job!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:27:53 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't like having to exceed 15 foot pounds of torque on the flash hider. Bad ju-ju for accuracy. Peel washers let you pick your torque.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:07:15 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CMT does not make Ameetec. As for who makes Stag, it could be CMT, but I do not know for certain.

They don't machine out the rough spots/forging seams as much as other manufacturers do.

If you have any lowers left from the batch you sold me, take a look at the roll marks that are just left of the selector area.

It should read:

Ameetec Arms
  Mesa, AZ.
    U.S.A.

But mine reads:

A______ _ rms
   Mesa, AZ.
     U.S.A.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:26:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Interesting.  My logos and lettering appear to be damn near perfect.

I know that Warren has been selling lowers faster than he can have them  manufactured.  My lowers came from one of his early lots (serial numbers in the very low 500s).  I wonder if quality has slipped with the later manufactured lots?  I'll bet the machinists have been busting ass to keep up with demand...
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:42:10 AM EDT
[#29]
First off, let me say that I am in no way indicating your receiver is not how you describe it, it may very well be. That being said, if the issue you are describing keeps you from being completely satisfied I will gladly do a return for you. Although I am not an Ameetec dealer per say, I do not want my customers or any other folks who deal with me to be unhappy or regretfull. This is the only issue I have ever heard of concerning their lower receivers and would be more than happy to take care of it if you would like.

Here a picture of the Ameetec receiver section in question on the rifle I am currently building for myself.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:26:27 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They don't machine out the rough spots/forging seams as much as other manufacturers do.

If you have any lowers left from the batch you sold me, take a look at the roll marks that are just left of the selector area.

It should read:

Ameetec Arms
  Mesa, AZ.
    U.S.A.

But mine reads:

A______ _ rms
   Mesa, AZ.
     U.S.A.

Brewsky,

We have five lowers out of the same batch and all of them are fine in the area you describe. They also all mic within nominal tolerance in the mag well area.
The cleanup on the forgeing is only slightly less perfect than on my bushies. For the difference in price I am satisfied.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:48:40 PM EDT
[#31]
In my original post I did say they were fine. I am satisfied with my lower. I am simply pointing out minor details. This issue wouldn't keep me from buying another Ameetec lower, I just thought people might want to know, if they care a lot about that kind of stuff.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:24:15 PM EDT
[#32]
I just picked up a Ameetec lower this morning and I'll say this: mine doesn't look as good as this one from another post.

Unless the picture is hiding little imperfections, mine has quite a few little bumps in the area where the pistol grip goes, even though I know you won't see them when the grip is on. Also mine has very small nicks in various places, nothing big but it doesn't look perfectly smooth like the one in the picture also the raised area above where it says safe and fire mine isn't even as close as clean as the one in the picture. The lettering however looks pretty good. I haven't seen enough lowers in person to compare it to others. Mine is not one of the lower 500 serial numbers but if in person that lower in the picture looks that good then it definetly looks better than mine. I'm half tempted to take it back to Ameetec and do a side by side comparison to a Mega.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Well does anyone actually have pictures of the imperfections that everyone is talking about? Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top