Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 12:19:41 AM EDT
I need more lowers.  I've already got some Oly lowers.  I want to try out some different looks.  Which is the best looking Ameetech, MEGA or Stag?  Or is there some other stripped lower out there which looks best.

For me the lower has to be mil-spec and accept an auto sear (which I don't have yet, but plan on getting ).

Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:05:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the Stag or the grizzly, the Stinger or Mega is OK, but ameetec's logo is kind of boring.

Of course they are all good quality so it's just cosmetic
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:24:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an Ameetec lower, its ok.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:31:00 AM EDT
[#3]
love my Mega just as much as my Bushy.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:43:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmmmm......I thought the Ameetec logo was the only professional looking one of the bunch. I think a deer head or an atom looks like it should be on the side of an airsoft toy, not on a real weapon. I vote ameetec.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:45:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes

I have 3 Ameetecs and they are really nice.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:01:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hmmmm......I thought the Ameetec logo was the only professional looking one of the bunch. I think a deer head or an atom looks like it should be on the side of an airsoft toy, not on a real weapon. I vote ameetec.

agreed.

i like a plain lower.
Ametec, LMT are decent logos.

hell, im stil pissed that RRA added that crosshair thingy

off topic.

ameetec.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:33:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Mega would be my first choice, with Ameetec close behind.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:38:31 AM EDT
[#8]
aren't mega and stag the same company?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:57:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

+1

I have 2 Ameetec lowers.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:57:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
aren't mega and stag the same company?

Mega and Stinger arms are the same.  As is Stag and RRA.

I tried to order an Ameetec but got not answers to my email or phone messages.  When I finally got someobdy on the phone they were short.  I went to order online and the site tried to charge me shipping.  With their crappy service and what I've heard about others waiting weeks I came to my senses and ordered a Stag lower from Eagle.

I tried Mega too, no response from "iblis" either.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:51:07 AM EDT
[#11]
The subdued logo of the Ameetec is a major why I chose them over the others, all 4 of them.  It is all a matter of personal tastes I guess.  Some of the other's logos look too busy for my tastes and some quite unprofessional, like they were trying to squeeze in way too much information into a limited area or not really taking their time to make sure the emblem looked well executed.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:19:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I've got and Ameetec lower (and a flattop upper) and the quality is great. The finish is a nice teflon coated, black anodized to mil specs. I personally like the logo. It's simple and professional looking.

The Ameetec lower will accept a RDIAS. The Stag Arms and RRA won't (CMT's). I don't think the Mega/Stinger will either, but I'm not certain of that.

I think they're all good receivers, just that all won't accept a RDIAS.

EDIT TO ADD: Mega/Stinger removed the sear block some time ago. It appears that they will accept a RDIAS now.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:34:54 AM EDT
[#13]
I vote Stag.  I got one and it is one very fine lower.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:14:10 AM EDT
[#14]
i like the ameetec logo the best but i intend to pick up a couple of MEGAs, i like the atom logo, my personal favorite is Century. they are CM manufacutred like so many orhters but very plain jane.  i too am pissed about RRAs new gay logo.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:21:29 AM EDT
[#15]
The MEGA lowers fit and finish is superb, however I posted a thread yesterday that the TangoDown BATTLEGRIP will not fit correctly on my MEGA lowers and it MAY be that the MEGA lowers ( I have two w/ consecutive serial no.s) are EVER-so-slightly out of spec in the grip tang area.

THey work fine with A2 and Hogue grips though and I do recommend them.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:22:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Oh and where can you buy LMT lowers?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#17]
MEGA

check out carricozarmory.com
mr clinton will eventually hook you up; took almost 2 weeks before i got mine, but he came through!
friendly guy, keeps his word
and the lowers are $89 shipped!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Just got a Stag lower, and I think it is great, and you can't beat the price.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:56:28 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm looking for a 6.8 mm marked lower but I will not buy one with a rack on the side...No Stags....Does anyone else sell a 6.8 marked?

Thanks
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top