Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2003 12:35:15 PM EDT
Can someone recommend a good ambidextrous mag release for my Bushmaster? I've looked at the one Buffer Tech sells & the oversized mag release from Power Custom Inc. I like the looks of the one from buffer Tech more...

Is the mag release easy to replace for a novice?

thanks!
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Norgon makes a very nice one. It has made it's way onto some Force recon m4's.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 1:15:02 PM EDT
[#2]
The Norgon release is the one Buffer Tech sells so I'll be ordering that soon. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 11:13:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I am assuming both of you guus are left handed as I am. I looked into the left handed release too. Went ahead and bought a DPMS ambi release. I didnt like it form the first second I put it on. The reason was if I was in a situation where I had to crawl on my ebows/ stomach, the release would hit the ground before the receiver, actualting the release and would dump the loaded mag. If you get one, make sure it will not release the mag if you lay the rifle on its side. I went back to the original config and learned to just hit the button with my support hand when I go to grab another mag from my vest.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 12:22:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I like the idea myself. My only problem is once I add it to one, I must add to all and train that way. It really is useless if the range rifle has it & the SHTF does not, or vice versa. Until I'm ready to commit 100% I'll put the idea on the back burner.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:55:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I shoot rifles lefthanded, pistols & write w/my right.

I plan to order the Norgon mag rel. soon & will post whether or not it's too sensitive if you lie the gun on its side.

At this time I only have one AR so it's my Everything rifle.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top