Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 7:01:02 PM EDT
I just sold a bunch of stuff and parted out my long range precision build.  I am down to only 3 essential ARs: 9mm A2 SBR (SU-WEE-TAH!), M16A1 clone and a clean-looking Bushmaster M4-gery.  Now, since I am getting into silencers, I want to start a new SBR: A1 upper, with superlight 11-inch barrel and a special new phantom flash hider for the AAC M4-2000 silencer.   Does this kinda make sense for a suppressed carbine?

Any ideas on where to get such a barrel?  

I heard there may be reliability issues with a shorter barrel.  Can anyone comment on that?  

Perhaps someone could post a pic of their suppressed 11-inch setup?  I would love to steal some of the ideas!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:19:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless you already have the A1 upper , why not a Flattop? - more versatile.
I would rethink the Superlight , with a shorty you're not saving much weight, and
heat transfer/stiffness is better with a heavier barrel.

Lot of posts here with 10.5" SBRs , even FA guns - you will get some back pressure
with a suppressor , so should be reliable cycling.

Model 1 sales has E. R. Shaw   7.5" - 10.25" and 11.5" barrels - plain or chrome lined.

www.model1sales.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=BPI150&storeid=1&image=barpistol.gif&CFID=2080280&CFTOKEN=78326869

edit - I have a 7.5" AR pistol BTW , functions great - just need the correct size gas port.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top