Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/13/2005 11:52:52 PM EDT
I know this has been a topic here before but..... I'm ready to put together a .40 caliber conversion and I'm going with an oly upper and socom mag block for the sten mags. I just need someone to remind me what mods need to be done with the mag. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:38:33 AM EDT
Ernie says to weld a 3/16 tube to the follower to alter the "stacking" of the 40 in the Sten mag...

I e-mailed him a while back, and he said he would send a few pics, which he has not done yet... I e-mailed again, asking for maybe a simple sketch on paper and fax it to me here at work, have not seen that yet either...

I have a Sten fed M11-9, with a 40 upper, and cannot empty a full mag because the stack of ammo will not roll up smoothly.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:15:21 PM EDT
I'd really appreciate those pictures. BTW- how many 40's can you stack in a sten mag. The most I can Get in before my thumb breaks is 19, maybe 20. It alost looks like they are single stacked all the way down.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:44:46 AM EDT
My experience has been 18-20 of the 40 S&W in the Sten mag... E-mail a little bit ago said "fax sent", so I went to cashier office, and fax was sitting next to the fax machine.

Ernie' drawing and text mirror that of pics posted here a few month back, fella showed his 40 mags.. I copied the pics to home computer, so just send me an e-mail via the e-mail button, and I'll see if I can blend the pics and text together for you.
Top Top