Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2006 6:55:00 PM EDT
Are the FF tubes from Al's Custom Shop good?
I noticed that they are much less expensive than most of the others.
I want a FF tube to enhance accuracy of my stock HBAR 20" rifle. I want to mount a bipod under it. I have a scope mounted on top of the flattop A3 receiver. I don't know if I want a light mounted yet but want the option.
Al's Custom Shop has a 4 rail tube- Al's tubes described as
  "4 Rail Free Float Tube Standard Length

Our new and improved version of the 4 rail free float tube. Featuring a solid one-piece free float tube made from 6000 series aluminum with a T6 heat treatment. The Picatinny style rails are integrally machined into the free float tube. This is compared to having the rails bolted on. The Picatinny rails are designed for the attachment of foregrips, flashlights, optics or any other type of rail mounted accessories. The free float tube is also vented for increased airflow to the barrel. The overall width dimension is 2 3/8", giving it the same feel as an AP4 handguard."

Is it a no frills tube? Are the more expensive tubes geared more to a CQB style weapon system?
Are these of inferior quality? Should I save for a better one?
Thanks,
Jim
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#1]
looks just like a yhm with different vent holes.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:08:00 PM EDT
[#2]
They do look similar, and their prices are close.
Anyone know the difference in quality? I mean, does anyone know if one is better than the other?
Why are the Al's and the YHM so much less expensive than the others like the Daniel Defense tubes?
Jim
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:55:06 AM EDT
[#3]
similar to the yhm but the lock ring is much thinner which imo would be harder to grip to lock against the tube.
the yhm has slots which with the yhm wrench you can somewhat crank down on the locking ring.

with them being cheaper, there is less parts involved along with the others being the big players.

have dealt with al's and they are good people to deal with. brightflashlights carries a lot of yhm products and is also a great person to deal with .
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:06:25 AM EDT
[#4]
your right.  i saw the lock ring on the carbine model was a yhm.  thats weird that the carbine and rifle are diff.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:42:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
your right.  i saw the lock ring on the carbine model was a yhm.  thats weird that the carbine and rifle are diff.

the carbine one is yhm and the other is the other brand
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top