Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 10/19/2003 10:01:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/19/2003 10:07:22 AM EDT by Duffy]
new-arguy, have a look and laugh at this:

Looks like the airsofters took after this concept as well

I don't think Wes will take too kindly to THIS!
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 10:52:30 AM EDT
Copying cool things is funny now.. why? As they say, imitation....
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 10:54:13 AM EDT
I'm referring to the TA01NSN and Aimpoint combo, not the other hardware.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 10:56:33 AM EDT
Duffy, saw those pics for the airsoft firm, at a link in a thread concerning the Crane stock. This was before the pics of the ACOG&Aimpoint combo on the forums here.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 11:01:23 AM EDT
yeah I thought they looked familiar, I might have posted it months ago myself on a Crane stock thread..[B)]
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 1:25:00 PM EDT
Unless my eyes decieve me those are actually MSTN's pics in that advertisement.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 3:39:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DevL: Unless my eyes decieve me those are actually MSTN's pics in that advertisement.
View Quote
Yes, they are. More Airsoft bullshit...[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 3:42:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 4:41:46 PM EDT
Wow, I wonder where they saw the Aimpoint ACOG combo?? Interesting anyhow. The pics being stolen are the last thing to worry about. Everything they make is a scam and complete rip off of material that probably took someone else millions of dollars to research, develop, test, build, copyright, patten, etc. If stealing a copyrighted product, right down to the logo of the company who invented it, is no problem for them why would they care about stealing pictures? Damn bottom feeders.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 4:43:51 PM EDT
I really really really HATE airsoft.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 5:34:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DevL: Unless my eyes decieve me those are actually MSTN's pics in that advertisement.
View Quote
You are correct!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 3:03:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/20/2003 6:53:24 AM EDT by MSTN]
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 4:10:17 AM EDT
Originally Posted By MSTN: THE PEOPLE IN COUNTRIES WHERE AIRSOFT IS THE ONLY GAME AVAILABLE ARE IN NO WAY DEVOID OF A WARRIOR ETHIC. MY UNDERSTANDING IS THAT MANY OF THE EFFECTIVE HAND-TO-HAND FIGHTING STYLES WERE DEVELOPED BY PEOPLE SIMILARLY DISARMED BY THEIR OWN "GOVERNMENT". YET, THINK HOW EMASCULATING IT MUST BE TO AS A GROWN MAN HAVE TO PLAY WITH TOYS, NOT THE REAL THING. THESE PEOPLE ARE TO BE PITIED, NOT REDICULED. BET THEY WISH THEY HAD A SECOND AMENDMENT. I WONDER HOW MUCH OF THEIR "TACTICS" TRANSLATE INTO THE REAL THING. GIVEN THAT "GOVERNMENTS" KILLED 180,000,000 OF THEIR "OWN" PEOPLE IN THE LAST CENTURY, I DO NOT THINK IT IS WISE TO ALLOW ONESELF TO BE DISARMED, EVEN BY THE BEST INTENTIONED. WES
View Quote
Good, objective post WES. I never took these points into consideration when blinded by airsoft-hating rage... I still however don't agree with them marking that fake-o gun (in the top photo) with the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 5:43:48 AM EDT
I don't hate them, I do feel sorry though. Like finding one of my ACOG pics being used by someone selling their ACOG, I'm flattered and somewhat annoyed. Over there, what we fear may happen here has already happened-outside of the armed forces, only cops and crooks have guns. Crooks never had a shortage of them, they can smuggle all kinds of guns. When I was young I heard the street gangs would kill MPs (yep, military police, it was still under martial laws) just to get their P35. What I do hate are idealist gun grabbers that either never studied history, or did study it but think what happened many times in history won't happen here. I REALLY REALLY hate them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:53:38 AM EDT
That rifle with ACOG/aimpoint is an airsoft gun (notice the MARINE corp logo airsoft reciever?) and the picture has been up on their site for about a year. The first post I saw here about mounting aimpoints in front of ACOG's was about 3 weeks ago. So who is copying who? I think the aimpoint in front of acog idea is complete bull shit and quite "airsoftish" {way to limit the light gathering capabilities of the optic, lower resolution, just to get your ACOG TAO1 NSN to perform like the Std TAO1 with fiberoptic illumination you should have bought in the first place. (hell there at least was one up last time I looked for $435 and another for $530 on the sights for sale forum here. Those are both less than NSN's are going for.) [b]The people who are doing this should really try a Dr. Optic/Acog NSN combo if they are looking for a CQB-600M setup. It's really a phenomenal combo and won't cost as much as the Aimpoint/ACOG setup.[/b] [b]As for the pics that are obviously stolen from MSTN all I can say is that is cheap and these guys should've setup an airsoft gun and taken pictures of it to sell their product.[/b]
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:59:54 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Duffy: outside of the armed forces, only cops and crooks have guns.
View Quote
You know that's not [i]entirely[/i] true, right?
What I do hate are idealist gun grabbers that either never studied history, or did study it but think what happened many times in history won't happen here. I REALLY REALLY hate them.
View Quote
... have to agree with you there. Do they really feel so strongly about disarming people that they don't take notice of the facts, or do they know the facts and just don't care what's going to happen? If the latter is true, then these are some truly evil people.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 4:55:52 PM EDT
[img]http://www.boomspeed.com/kisara/BabyKisara.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 11:40:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/21/2003 11:44:57 AM EDT by IronBalaclava]
That's not fresh. I'm surprised Wes took the jacking of an actual MSTN SPR photo with a grain of salt. I'm sure these Airsoft companies lurk around ARFCOM for the hottest new accesories or configurations to shamelessly duplicate. BTW, I don't hate airsofters but yes I do pity them. edited to add: "perfect match with your tactic?"WTF?[>:/] Gotta love the engrish. Oh and I'll bet the squares on my checkered shirt that the airsoft guys are already producing a replica of the new UNERTL 1911.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 10:49:06 AM EDT
i hate airsoft with a passion that burns as bright as 1000 suns... Wes shows what a class act he is in his post. stand up guy.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 11:54:02 AM EDT
GIVEN THAT "GOVERNMENTS" KILLED 180,000,000 OF THEIR "OWN" PEOPLE IN THE LAST CENTURYWES
View Quote
Who were these governments?
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 12:37:57 PM EDT
I, for one, get tired of any search I do on the internet resulting in plenty of pages with bogus information from videogames (Counterstrike and Rogue Spear, how I hate you!) or airsoft manufacturers, distributors, and players. But, I don't hate all of airsoft. I do hate how the manufactureres infringe on copyright, in markings and product names. I don't hate the the players. I do hate the crap on their webpages and forums which clog up my internet searches with useless information. I hate their attitudes and posturing. I do really, really, detest the advertising of the distributors, especially the overseas ones, who use photographs of the real thing. MSTN and others can attest to this. Not just in side-by-side comparison either, but glossy shots of the "real steel" as if it was their product.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 12:38:18 PM EDT
I think that is pretty obvious. CHINESE. Although Japan, Taiwan[SIC] and others including the USA on a small scale are also involved in the airsoft industry. (A case could be argued that Japan (the second largest player) killed a lot of its people in WWII though I thinki that is a different kind of "kill")
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 4:35:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Green0: I think that is pretty obvious. CHINESE. Although Japan, Taiwan[SIC] and others including the USA on a small scale are also involved in the airsoft industry.
View Quote
Airsoft started in Japan, and the market for high quality guns is dominated by Japanese companies, and has been until fairly recently. China is pretty new to airsoft, and quality of Ho Feng (a.k.a. Classic Army) is hit or miss. I don't really know how you can hate toy guns or the fairly realistic and inexpensive training. You do realize that airsoft is the Japanese version of politically incorrect paintball, right? It's not just for silly people to spend ungodly amounts of money on toy guns.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 7:34:25 PM EDT
^- Agrees.. I'm looking for a glock 19 2nd gen airsoft to help me fix my low and left push I seem to do constantly w/ my real one. Cheaper then buying a .22, and I can practice in my bedroom @ night when I'm bored..
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 7:43:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Duffy: I'm referring to the TA01NSN and Aimpoint combo, not the other hardware.
View Quote
It makes a BAC ACOG.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 9:57:12 PM EDT
Airsoft started in Japan, and the market for high quality guns is dominated by Japanese companies, and has been until fairly recently. China is pretty new to airsoft, and quality of Ho Feng (a.k.a. Classic Army) is hit or miss.[b]Yeah but CA is building the armalite series and those are pretty nice airsoft guns.[/b] I don't really know how you can hate toy guns or the fairly realistic and inexpensive training.[b]Me neither. You guys should pick up an airsoft gun at a game and play. It is really a lot of fun, and there are nice guys who will let you play for free or for the minimal cost of BB's. I played once and I really enjoyed it. I've played the ARMY games Miles and other BS and seriously at 50M and less, given some highly motivated knowledgeable individuals this is more realistic training. Think of it as simunitions without risk of injury [/b] You do realize that airsoft is the Japanese version of politically incorrect paintball, right? [b]Wrong paintball is a politically correct sport played by fags on ESPN wearing neon clothes. The guns (often touted as a realistic training aid) have signifigant drop at 25M jam early and often and shoot patterns like AOW 12gauges. The airsoft guns are obscenely reliable and properly set up have no drop to 50-70yds, shooting groups that allow head shots at that distance. [/b] It's not just for silly people to spend ungodly amounts of money on toy guns. [b] I haven't bought an airsoft gun yet... if I ever get done building real guns with every spare penny I can find I'll deffinitely buy a CA all metal M4 and upgrade to 400FPS.[/b] [b]The rule is don't knock it till you try it. If this were a perfect world my unit would have 135 CA all metal M4s and we would be able to conduct very effective (far more so than MILES) MOUT training with them. [/b] The big failure of miles is that it not only has to be zeroed but also it allows a "dead soldier" who's ears are ringing and is firing full auto with an M60 continue to rake people down even though in the real world dead pople don't shoot back. (the guy that decided to allow dead soldiers weapons to still fire, and on that ringing sound to let you know you bought it should win a DARWIN AWARD ) it is the same pitch as ringing ears and a vibration in the harness would be light years more effective.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 10:53:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Green0: Wrong paintball is a politically correct sport played by [b]fags[/b] on ESPN wearing neon clothes.
View Quote
Excuse me. What do you mean by that?
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 10:36:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/26/2003 10:44:23 AM EDT by Green0]
"Wrong paintball is a politically correct sport played by fags on ESPN wearing neon clothes." that's what I mean. The last time I played paintball was the winter of 2000. I knew the shortcomings of paintballs and I decided to hide and wait till the two opposing players found me out and ambush them. So I waited till they were 10yds away and lined up and I opened up and let them have it. (well that was the point anyway, three balls came out managed to make a nice pattern AROUND the guy I was aiming at and then a jam put my gun out of comission. That was the last straw for me. I could see the whites of their eyes! I would have been better off throwing paint at them. I sold all my paintball guns and got out of the sport. [b]By and large paintball is a sport played by yuppies and .comers wearing flashy clothes and sporting rainbow colored and flag printed masks, playing on a 100M or smaller speedball field and firing a thousand rounds in a game that lasts a few minutes. IT HAS TURNED INTO AN ADULT GAME OF TAG AND WILL NEVER BE ANYTHING MORE THE MARKERS ARE LIMITED TO THIS ROLE THROUGH SHORT RANGE, INNHERINT INNACCURACY, EXTREME BALL DROP, FAILURE TO BREAK BALLS AT RANGE PAST 50yds, JAMS ETC. [/b] Airsoft is smaller but it involves a group of people most often wearing military gear from companies like Blackhawk, Eagle, and SOE and actually involves using some real tactics. Hitting people at 60yds is very easilly possible and as such members use some elements of camoflage, concealment and fire and movement. [b]In CQB airsoft is as close to the real thing as simunitions. And If you want you can build a 8mm Airsoft gun firing 500-800FPS and you will be able to extend the range to 100-175yds. basically a simunition gun without paint rounds[/b] You have to boost ball speed to over 300FPS or a human can dodge the balls- throw a paintball gun over 300fps and balls will start breaking in the bore or it will start throwing balls everywhere erratic as all hell. The Airsoft gun has a ball back-spin system (Hop-up) that stabilizes the BBs keeping them from flying erratically and leveling the trajectory curve. This allows 400+FPS velocity to work fine.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 11:49:55 AM EDT
Posted By Green0: Wrong paintball is a politically correct sport played by [b]fags[/b] on ESPN wearing neon clothes. No. My question is: what do you mean by "fags"?
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 12:11:48 PM EDT
Actually, Airsoft was an American creation. How so? Back in the 1980s, Daisy came out with a line of shell-ejecting, replica guns that fired these 6mm BBs. They made an MP5K, a Mini Ruger 14, a TEC-9 and a Rem. 870. In Japan, the idea caught on, because firearms are, for the most part, illegal there. And for the range things, 100 yards is the universally accepted range limit for most Airsoft guns. The only ones that can do this are highly tweaked gas rifles, and tweaked bolt action rifles. To do so, you must upgrade all the internals, stuff a 300% spring in there, and stuff in a tightbore barrel with a reinforced hop-up bucking. You can reliably place a BB into a mans chest at that range. There are three exceptions, however. First, there are the Tanaka K-98K Mauser and the Remington 700 PSS gas rifles. These things have been chronographed at up to 550-610FPS with a 0.2g BB and HFC22 gas ( essentially propane ). The major exception, is the Asahi M40/M700. This thing, now discontinued because of some fucking retards in Japan trying to fire real rounds out of them, has the ability to hit a man at over 150 yards reliably, and punch thru 6 aluminum beer cans point blank, with the proper shells. It was similar to the Brocock air cartrdige system, except it was chambered for a 6mm 'Blade bullet'. Airsoft, is not always as gay as it seems...
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 6:42:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/26/2003 6:56:57 PM EDT by Green0]
"No. My question is: what do you mean by "fags"?" FAGS: Meaning: Gay people (Homosexuals). In this context I am just using it as a derogatory slang word used to demean them. They are the same people that own $40,000 german cars and buy Northface equipment for 1/2 day long hikes in the mountains (never leaving the trails). The same people who often do not own guns. Am I down on rich people (no) I wish I was rich. But would I buy a Mercedes Gelendawagen, play paintball, and wear snowboard apparel if I was (NO). [b]Granted there is a small group of paramilitary paintballers who exist... BUT THEY SHOULD GET WITH THE PROGRAM AND SELL THE MARKER AND BUY A UPGRADED TO 400FPS AIRSOFT GUN ALLREADY. YOU REMAINING PEOPLE DON'T CATCH ON FAST. PAINTBALL IS A SPORT TOTALLY UNNRELATED TO FIREARMS.[/b] There are also shell ejecting 6mm and 8mm M-16's coming out. These guns can come with up to 500FPS velocity (making them probably good for 100-150yds.) But look out those BBs will HURT.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:50:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Green0: FAGS: Meaning: Gay people (Homosexuals). In this context I am just using it as a derogatory slang word used to demean them.
View Quote
Does it mean? Fag = derogatory slang word = Gay people = word to demean paintball players
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 9:01:06 PM EDT
What is your major issue? Are you gay... or a paintballer? There's nothing wrong with paintballers... unless they know airsoft exists. I have never met an airsofter who would rather play paintball. Many paintballers that would rather play airsoft though. Paintball is like communism. Airsoft is like freedom from communism.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 11:57:46 PM EDT
This thread is just too comical. Paintball = communism! Oh man I am rollling over here! [lol] Could you provide links to info on these super duper 100 yard airsoft rifles? I have never played Airsoft or Paintball.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 3:40:50 AM EDT
Originally Posted By MSTN: THE PEOPLE IN COUNTRIES WHERE AIRSOFT IS THE ONLY GAME AVAILABLE ARE IN NO WAY DEVOID OF A WARRIOR ETHIC. MY UNDERSTANDING IS THAT MANY OF THE EFFECTIVE HAND-TO-HAND FIGHTING STYLES WERE DEVELOPED BY PEOPLE SIMILARLY DISARMED BY THEIR OWN "GOVERNMENT". YET, THINK HOW EMASCULATING IT MUST BE TO AS A GROWN MAN HAVE TO PLAY WITH TOYS, NOT THE REAL THING. THESE PEOPLE ARE TO BE PITIED, NOT RIDICULED. BET THEY WISH THEY HAD A SECOND AMENDMENT. I WONDER HOW MUCH OF THEIR "TACTICS" TRANSLATE INTO THE REAL THING. GIVEN THAT "GOVERNMENTS" KILLED 180,000,000 OF THEIR "OWN" PEOPLE IN THE LAST CENTURY, I DO NOT THINK IT IS WISE TO ALLOW ONESELF TO BE DISARMED, EVEN BY THE BEST INTENTIONED. WES
View Quote
Wes I don't think that is the case, if it was they would not dress up as their favorite military uniforms (ie what ever has made the news recently) complete with all the gear to include patches, pose for a whole punch of pictures and go off and play. Most of these people are filling their Walter Mitty like fanatasies of being something they could never be. In about ever case if they wanted to do it for real and had the ability they could go into their countries respective militaries and actual do it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 3:47:55 AM EDT
Green0, I never liked the neon paintballers either. Check out the new stuff on the block: www.rap4.com. This new paintball stuff looks pretty cool. Still not into the paintball thing....yet.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 11:17:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By STLRN: Wes I don't think that is the case, if it was they would not dress up as their favorite military uniforms (ie what ever has made the news recently) complete with all the gear to include patches, pose for a whole punch of pictures and go off and play. Most of these people are filling their Walter Mitty like fanatasies of being something they could never be. In about ever case if they wanted to do it for real and had the ability they could go into their countries respective militaries and actual do it.
View Quote
Not true, until a few years ago, these guys were living in a COLONY. They don't have their own country and their own military. I personally know a few of these airsofters join the local British force. And if you think windtalker is just a WWII thing, ask those Chinese colonial soldier how they were treated. The right to bare arms is taken away as a symbol of colonial rule, nothing to do with anti-gun.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 12:03:43 AM EDT
They are the same people that own $40,000 german cars
View Quote
But would I buy a Mercedes Gelendawagen, play paintball, and wear snowboard apparel if I was (NO).
View Quote
Could I by one of these $40,000 Glendenvagens?(they go for $80,000 new) What the hell is wrong with Mercedes? Not to go off topic or anything![rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 2:32:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By STLRN:
Originally Posted By MSTN: THE PEOPLE IN COUNTRIES WHERE AIRSOFT IS THE ONLY GAME AVAILABLE ARE IN NO WAY DEVOID OF A WARRIOR ETHIC. MY UNDERSTANDING IS THAT MANY OF THE EFFECTIVE HAND-TO-HAND FIGHTING STYLES WERE DEVELOPED BY PEOPLE SIMILARLY DISARMED BY THEIR OWN "GOVERNMENT". YET, THINK HOW EMASCULATING IT MUST BE TO AS A GROWN MAN HAVE TO PLAY WITH TOYS, NOT THE REAL THING. THESE PEOPLE ARE TO BE PITIED, NOT RIDICULED. BET THEY WISH THEY HAD A SECOND AMENDMENT. I WONDER HOW MUCH OF THEIR "TACTICS" TRANSLATE INTO THE REAL THING. GIVEN THAT "GOVERNMENTS" KILLED 180,000,000 OF THEIR "OWN" PEOPLE IN THE LAST CENTURY, I DO NOT THINK IT IS WISE TO ALLOW ONESELF TO BE DISARMED, EVEN BY THE BEST INTENTIONED. WES
View Quote
Wes I don't think that is the case, if it was they would not dress up as their favorite military uniforms (ie what ever has made the news recently) complete with all the gear to include patches, pose for a whole punch of pictures and go off and play. Most of these people are filling their Walter Mitty like fanatasies of being something they could never be. In about ever case if they wanted to do it for real and had the ability they could go into their countries respective militaries and actual do it.
View Quote
Check out these winners. They cant even copy the uniforms correctly. [img]http://www.swatbiggame.com/Airsoft/bg2k3pics/rangers~relax~3.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.swatbiggame.com/Airsoft/bg2k3pics/hot.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.swatbiggame.com/Airsoft/bg2k3pics/wot%7Eu%7Elukkin%7Eat.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.swatbiggame.com/Airsoft/bg2k3pics/rangers~relax~1.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.swatbiggame.com/Airsoft/bg2k3pics/rangers~relax~2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:01:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By hycheng: Not true, until a few years ago, these guys were living in a COLONY. They don't have their own country and their own military. I personally know a few of these airsofters join the local British force. And if you think windtalker is just a WWII thing, ask those Chinese colonial soldier how they were treated. The right to bare arms is taken away as a symbol of colonial rule, nothing to do with anti-gun.
View Quote
The truth may be painful, put it is still the truth. I would be one thing if they went out and trained because I do think the Air Soft toys can be good training tools for certain things. But when you copy a foreign military all the way done to the patches worn, your not training. You living a fantasy, nothing more than a "Walter Mitty" like fantasy.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 10:54:28 AM EDT
LOL, after seeing Hoplite's picture, I may have to agree.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 10:54:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/28/2003 10:55:56 AM EDT by amuroray]
It looks like there are bunch of airsoft fans in the UK. How come on one dress up like the double O O seven nor the SAS? [coffee]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:50:03 PM EDT
Wow........ That is some freaky shit.... That guy must have $600 in those class A's those ribbons and medals cost MONEY. Wow. What in hell do they do in class A's "homeland defense, R&R/Leave airsoft games? That guy got the ranger roll right. Yeah some of these guys take that shit way too far. Wanted the ranger scroll, and had to have the Ft. Benning Regular Infantry "Follow Me" patch. There are Rangers at my unit that would kick someones ass for wearing the tab without earning it. That kindof pisses me off. Those guys look like Audie Murphy and they just used their credit card. When I played, I used my bdu's and personal web gear. 3years in and still 1 ribbon. yeah it would be about 365years at this rate to earn what that dick has on his uniform. A regular General Shelton.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:01:33 PM EDT
Is that a real stain on her shirt, or a fake ? Maybe you can get one on ebay...
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:29:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/28/2003 9:47:02 PM EDT by Green0]
"Could you provide links to info on these super duper 100 yard airsoft rifles? I have never played Airsoft or Paintball" Well I knew the technology existed but I am content with plunging into thick woods and using a 400-450FPS moderately upgraded gun. (my brother is an airsoft nut and fellow guard member and has a couple of lightly upgraded guns.) The upgrades are cheap if you do the work yourself but they can be tricky the guns are built like a watch internally. his shoot 400fps but I know it isn't hard to get them to do 450-500fps and if you want to spend about double the price to $600-$750 you can get them to shoot 600-700FPS but then you won't want to shoot at people less than 35yds away. That will penetrate skin. [url]http://www.airsofttroops.com/product_list.php?type=Custom+Guns&factory=09+Custom+Sniper+Rifles&series=Enter&Title=Custom+Guns[/url] [url]http://www.area51airsoft.com/[url] 500FPS 6 and 8mm shell ejecting airsoft guns (RAM markers converted to airsoft guns). [url]http://www.stirlingservices.com/[/url] Ex SAS instructors that teach a British tactical school. They apparently use airsoft guns as training aids.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 8:31:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/29/2003 8:37:03 PM EDT by Suburban]
Originally Posted By Blackjack272: Actually, Airsoft was an American creation. How so? Back in the 1980s, Daisy came out with a line of shell-ejecting, replica guns that fired these 6mm BBs. They made an MP5K, a Mini Ruger 14, a TEC-9 and a Rem. 870. In Japan, the idea caught on, because firearms are, for the most part, illegal there.
View Quote
Nope. The Daisy SoftAir guns were actually made by Maruzen, a Japanese company. Airsoft had been around for quite a while in Japan by the time Daisy tried selling them in the U.S. From my earlier post
You do realize that airsoft is the Japanese version of politically incorrect paintball, right?
View Quote
Sorry, I guess the way I wrote it was misleading. What I was trying to say was that airsoft is like the old, military simulation paintball of the 80s, before speedball and tie-dye paintball guns called "markers."
Top Top