Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/13/2005 9:27:49 PM EDT
First up, let's get this out of the way: The difference is 2 MOA!!!!11one

I'm figuring from what I've read that the ML2 setup is 4 MOA, and the newer M3 setup is 2 MOA, right?

So what does the smaller dot size do for you? Good, bad, etc. Worth the extra cost?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:07:56 PM EDT
[#1]
both look the same

m has nightvision capable along with longer battery life and water resistance

the ml doesnt

believe either can come with the 2moa
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:37:39 PM EDT
[#2]
The advantages of going with a smaller dot size (2 MOA vs. 4 MOA) is that at longer distances, the dot literally doesn't cover up the target and/or you can have more precise hits as the dot is not covering up the target.

Now with M3 vs. M2 Aimpoint, the differences beyond the dot size is that the battery lasts longer and it can be submerged in greater depths.

I guess it is up to the buyer if you want to spend the extra $50-75 to get these additional advantages.  The only advantage that I see from M2 v. M3 is that the longer battery life but this still seems not a significant issue as the M2 battery life still lasts several thousand of hours (on lowest setting).  Having to submerge the sight in water and going down to 150 feet seems pretty crazy as I don't plan on scuba diving with my AR-15.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top