Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/11/2006 4:57:13 PM EDT
I am interested in a comparison between the Aimpoint and the Tripower AS A SIGHT.  I know there are many feature differences but I would like to know how the performance of the units are.  Which is easier to pick up?  which is better in low light?  Bright light?  overall impressions?

thanks!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#1]
With the 50 000 hours of battery life on the aimpoint ML3 I would be tempted to go this way. That thing is a tank. It's tough, excellent in low-light/bright-light plus you can get the excellent Larue mount to go with it. Best setup for CQB.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:46:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the fiber optic on the Tripower. It never goes out and adjusts to ambient conditions. I think the Tripower gives you more options because you can get a rough measure of distance using the chevron. Both sights are easy to pick up when shooting.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:13:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I have Aimpoints.  I prefer them because of their simplicity to operate, battery life, and reticule being easy to see and adjust in any lighting conditions.

I recently picked up a new generation Tripower.  I like it a lot for the chevron, but the battery life leaves something to be desired.  I know the battery power was never meant to be the primary source for the reticule, but at least improve it to get something on par with the Eotech or Comp M XD.  Given that the reticule is not etched into the glass like the full size ACOGs, you truly need the battery power when viewing targets down range when you are positioned in low light and the viewing area is brightly lit.  The chevron appears too dim to be easily seen.

While we are on the topic, does anyone know which flip up Butler Creek scope cover properly fits the TX30 objective?  Unless Trijicon makes some sort of polarizing filter (ala Reflex), I want to have the option of quickly closing the cover and using it like an OEG for the lighting condition described above.

All the Larue 30mm mounts for the Aimpoint should work with the Tripower too.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top