Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/20/2016 12:18:56 PM EDT
I want to order a magnifier for my pro, what height do I get? I was told that I need to order a new mount, if I want my magnifier to line up with my pro....is this true?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:21:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I want to order a magnifier for my pro, what height do I get? I was told that I need to order a new mount, if I want my magnifier to line up with my pro....is this true?
View Quote

Did your pro come with a spacer? If it did, do you use it? With the spacer you would need a lower 1/3 magnifier mount, without it you would need an absolute magnifier mount.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:25:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, I have the spacer installed. The only reason I ask is, I was told by a salesmen at PA that the mount will not line up, with or without the spacer. I really thought that was wrong, but I do trust PA for the most part...maybe that salesmen was mis informed.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:40:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I have never measured it, but some people have stated the PRO mount is a hybrid height, somewhere between 1/3 and absolute co-witness.  I don't think the spacer is optional, it is what is needed to mount the PRO to that mount.

That is why the salesman said you would have to replace the mount.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:24:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:53:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the responses. I think I'll just get a AMD 1/3 co witness 30mm mount, at least then I will know the magnifiers swing mount will line up with the red dot. It will also shed some weight.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I used a Sampson magnifier with a PRO for awhile the Sampson has a screw in mount system that either sits at absolute cowtiness height or you install a spacer for lower 1/3. I had good alignment with the absolute co witness. What the other user said about absolute co witness being capable without the spacer is incorrect. The aimpoint co witness with spacer sits just above absolute co witness. The way to get the best alignment will be either to get the Aimpoint magnifier mount or buy a magnifier and a red dot mount from a different manufacturer.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top