Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/30/2005 6:24:23 PM EDT
Whats up guys...

I found this site http://www.cdnninvestments.com/ar15.html.

What is the difference between these and 400$ aimpoint sights? What is so great about aimpoint and EOtech?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:  What is the difference between these and 400$ aimpoint sights? What is so great about aimpoint and EOtech?

For $29, buy one and find out.  My guess is they are a POS.

CDNN is a reliable company.  I have bought mags from them before.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:41:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What is the difference between these and 400$ aimpoint sights? What is so great about aimpoint and EOtech?

Hmmm...you must be new here. Do yourself and everyone else a favor - search the boards for info on Aimpoints, EO Techs and the copies. The subject comes up almost every single day.

and BTW, AGNTSA!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:37:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Ive read the posts. but most of them are comparing like different aimpoint scopes and stuff that i dont even understand yet. Im just lookin for the basics. Like what is a Hologram sight? With a 30, 60, or 400$ sight, a red dot is a red dot... what is so special about the 400 compared to 30$ sight?    [
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are old enough you should know by now that quality costs money.

Nobody here is gonna make you feel better about buying a shit sight. Buy it and learn your lesson.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:19:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I understand that quality costs money.

But WHY the HUGE price difference??

Wont a 50$ red dot work the same as a 500$ red dot? What is the difference? Thats all im asking.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:29:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Wont a 50$ red dot work the same as a 500$ red dot? What is the difference? Thats all im asking.

No.
The $50 is not made to the same specs.
The $500 will be able to take abuse, the recoil of the weapon, won't fog up, etc.
You only have to pay for quality once - cheap costs a whole lot more.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:37:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Buy the scope along with a bunch of other cheap accessories and find out for yourself.

Is this really that hard to understand? Do you understand that time is money and quality takes more time to build? Do you uinderstand that quality materials costs money? How about R&D? They have to charge for the research time they put into the quality product not to mention the cost of hiring good employees to build these quality products.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:50:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey Alpha I think he means to ask what types of components used in the good sights make them so different than the cheapies, like the glass in the cheapies does not have fog resistance, does not have the clarity or coatings for anti-glare, shock absorption material, grade of aluminum used in construction,etc.

I'm new to this as well and have done some research, but don't even own a cheap one yet so I really don't know either. Those of us who don't know about this stuff come here to find out from you that do own them and use them so we don't invest in junk. PLease don't be so harsh with someone who is trying to get some info to make the right purchase.

Matt - I agree a search or surfing through the forum and reading for hours is the best way. I have though that the searches do not always give you desired topics. I have been searching for posts on rail type handguards and have only found a small amount of info about what I am looking for.

wakeafboarder - surf the forums as well, don't just do searches. I have had hit and miss luck with searches, but when surfing through the topics I have found that is alot more info than a topic search yields. As far as finding useful info on clones and comparisons, I have read at least 10 different ones in the last couple of weeks. Some were just bashing and a few had some really good info.

How about R&D? They have to charge for the research time they put into the quality product not to mention the cost of hiring good employees to build these quality products.

Good point there Alpha. I think alot of people forget about the R&D aspect to anything. Small electronic devices that take torture (like recoil and bouncing around a trunk) need alot of testing for a reputable company to consider releasing them. That alone could make or break a company.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:51:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Matt - I agree a search or surfing through the forum and reading for hours is the best way. I have though that the searches do not always give you desired topics. I have been searching for posts on rail type handguards and have only found a small amount of info about what I am looking for.

The big thing about searching the boards for info is that you will learn at least enough (hopefully) to ask more educated questions.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top